LinqConnect Model is not working properly since 5.80

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
evren

LinqConnect Model is not working properly since 5.80

Post by evren » Mon 06 Aug 2012 13:26

Hi there,

As I wrote at the subject, LinqConnect model is not working properly since 5.80 build. Before this last build, there was a parameter problem when inserting. I don't know it is solved or not. But there is a still problem on inserting.

Code: Select all

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
  HResult=-2147467261
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Devart.Data.Linq
  StackTrace:
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.MultiKeyManager`3.CreateKeyFromValues(Object[] values)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.KeyManager`2.b(Object[] A_0)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.a0.a(MetaDataMember A_0, Object A_1)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a(Object A_0, MetaAssociation A_1, IObjectEntry& A_2)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a()
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.b()
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a(IObjectEntry[] A_0)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.an.b(IObjectEntry[] A_0)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.an.a(ConflictMode A_0)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode failureMode)
       at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext.SubmitChanges()
I have one more question as well. Your developers updates the product. Do you guys really test the product with sample codes or with some scenarios? Seriously guys your customers are dealing several bugs + problems after each update. Can you guys be more careful about this?

Thanks in advance.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: LinqConnect Model is not working properly since 5.80

Post by MariiaI » Tue 07 Aug 2012 13:23

We couldn't reproduce this issue with dotConnect for PostgreSQL 6.1.40. We have sent you a sample project, please check that the letter is not blocked by your mail filter. Please change the project, so that the issue could be reproduced, and send it back to us.

evren

Post by evren » Tue 07 Aug 2012 16:17

Hi there,

I did not get the sample project you sent me.

It is a simple insert example with relational tables. I have this error at insert and delete. My project codes work no problem with 5.80.

I uninstalled 5.80. Removed all directories and dlls in gacutil if there exists and i installed 6.1.40. I removed all references in the project and re-referenced them. I created lqml file (Entity Template) again because the old one is not working with 6.1.40. I referenced Devart.Data.Linq and removed System.Data.Linq. So Inserts and Deletes are not working. When i go back to 5.80 everything works fine.

I tried this update before 6.1.40. There was bug with a missing parameter issue on insert. I guess the error i get is related with this bug.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 08 Aug 2012 11:41

We have sent you a sample project to the e-mail address you provided in your forum profile. Please, provide us with alternative address to re-send it (you can use our contact form for this).

Or, please, send us your sample project, with which this issue could be reproduced.
Also, please specify what template do you use to create your model.
What did you mean by 'Entity Template'- is it 'LinqConnect template'?

evren

Post by evren » Wed 08 Aug 2012 16:47

Yes it's LinqConnect template which looks like Entity Template. Anyways i upgraded to 6.1.40 and to entity framework and our codes are working. However, there is a custom tool generator problem with Poco template which i described in other thread.

Thank you.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Thu 09 Aug 2012 08:28

We have sent you a sample project again to the e-mail address that you specified. Please check that the letter is not blocked by your mail filter.
Please make changes to the project, so that the LinqConnect issue could be reproduced, and send it back to us.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Mon 20 May 2013 05:33

The bug with inserting record with composite primary key is fixed.
New build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 6.6.242 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=27134.