Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you advanced Entity Framework support.
Full-text Search Functionality Support
New dotConnect for PostgreSQL version supports full-text search functionality of PostgreSQL database and implements classes for working with full-text search functions in LINQ to Entities. Full-text indexing was supported in Code-First Migrations. The PgSqlCreateIndexConfiguration class was created to customize CreateIndex operation.
Entity Framework Provider Configuration
Entity Framework provider behaviour can now be configured not only in code but also in the config file of the application. The corresponding xsd file is added to the dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation package to allow using Visual Studio intellisense and validation when editing the corresponding config file sections. Configuring Entity Framework provider through the config file provides you more flexibility than configuring with code because you don't need to recompile your solution to apply new configuration.
Code-First Support Improvements
Creating indexes for foreign key columns is implemented in Code-First CreateDatabase functionality. The config.DatabaseScript.ForeignKey.IndexCreation option is used to control the creation of these indexes.
A new config.Workarounds.IgnoreDboSchemaName option for configuring Entity Framework providers is added. This option is for ignoring the dbo schema name and is enabled by default when using Code-First Migrations, thus allowing you to use Code-First Migrations out-of-the-box without the need to add or remove any conventions manually in your solutions. This also allows you to specify the schema (database) for a table in Code-First Migrations.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 6.1.40 features:
- The behaviour is changed: when a connection is terminated, PgSqlAlerter waiting process is terminated too and an exception is thrown
- The bug with opening a connection when working with Reporting Services in Visual Studio is fixed
- The bug with enumerating queries that have empty result sets is fixed
- The bug with materializing query results into invalid object properties is fixed
- The query cache bug with distinguishing compiled queries that have nullable parameters is fixed
- The bug with deleting many-to-many links of entity having multiple many-to-many associations is fixed
- The behaviour is changed: the warning, related to the missing property setter, is disabled (LinqConnect models)
- The behaviour is changed: for the association, in which the many-side entity hasn't the primary key, the code and the mapping are not generated (LinqConnect models)
- The behaviour is changed: the properties, that correspond autoincrement fields, are generated with a ReadOnly keyword in VB.NET (LinqConnect models)
- The support of the PostgreSQL full-text search functionality is implemented
- The PgSqlTextFunctions class for working with full-text search functions in LINQ to Entities is added
- The support of the TSVECTOR and TSQUERY data types is implemented
- The PgSqlCreateIndexConfiguration class for creating full-text indexes in CreateIndex operation in Code-First Migrations is added
- Creating indexes for FK columns in Code-First CreateDatabase functionality is implemented
- The config.DatabaseScript.ForeignKey.IndexCreation configuration option is added (default value is True)
- The SimilarTo overloaded methods are added to the PgSqlFunctions class to provide support of the SQL SIMILAR TO statement
- The possibility of setting configuration options via the application config file is implemented
- The Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.xsd file is added to the installation in order to simplify setting and validating the application config file settings when using the XML Editor
- Code-First Migrations now supports specifying which schema (database) a table belongs to
- CASE generation is improved
- The config.Workarounds.IgnoreDboSchemaName configuration option is added. The option is automatically set to True, if Code-First (Migrations) EF v4.x/5.x is used
- The behaviour is changed: in case of using Code-First (Migrations) EF v4.x/5.x the schema name 'dbo' will be ignored by default