Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you support for Visual Studio 11 Beta and Entity Framework 5.0 Beta 1.
Now you can use our ADO.NET provider for creating applications, targeting Windows 8, in the newest version of the Microsoft IDE.
Designing ORM models in Entity Developer became even more convenient and intuitive with possibility to copy, cut, and paste conceptual model objects on diagrams and in Model Explorer.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 5.80.325 features:
- Visual Studio 11 Beta is supported
- The PgSqlParameter(String, String) constructor is removed to avoid ambiguity with the PgSqlParameter(String, object) overload
- The bug with transactions that require a long time for committing is fixed
- The bug with column order in queries including the UNION clause is fixed
- The bug with InvalidOperationException on disposing data contexts is fixed
- The copy/cut/paste functionality is added for objects of the conceptual part of a model
- The possibility to drag&drop properties between classes in Model Explorer is implemented
- The "HeaderTimestampVersionControlTag" generation template option is added for improving integration with version-control systems
- The bug with generating code when using stored procedures with multiple result set with the POCO Entity and Self-Tracking Entity templates is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with setting StoreGeneratedPattern to Identity for foreign key property of the child class when creating an association is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with generating mappings for many-to-many association of entity to itself is fixed
- Entity Framework 5.0 Beta 1 is supported
- SQL generation for .Any method in LINQ to Entities is improved