Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers you offers you support for Entity Framework 4.3 Beta 1 (Code First Migrations).
Now you can benefit from the cutting edge Entity Framework functionality to push model changes to the database automatically. We have added a new Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Entity.Migrations.dll assembly that implements this functionality to our product.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 5.70.293 features:
- The bug with timezone retrieving by PgSqlDataReader.GetDateTimeOffset method is fixed
- The bug with empty spaces in foreign key names generated by the CreateDatabase() method is fixed
- The documentation generation for navigation properties is implemented
- The "Recreate Model" option, allowing to rebuild the model from a scratch, is added to the "Update Model From Database" wizard
- The "GeneratePartialClass" template property to generate a partial class, which will not be overwritten by the designer, for each class in the model is added
- The stored procedures support in DbContext template in case of XML mapping is implemented (Entity Framework models)
- The behaviour is changed: database column comments are transfered to the Summary attribute of the Documentation property now
- The bug with resetting the Validate Required property after reopening model is fixed
- The bug with generating System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.KeyAttribute() for Primary Key columns is fixed
- The bug with a workability of documentation links on Start Page is fixed
- The bug with resetting the StoreGeneratedPattern attribute by the Update Model From Database wizard is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- Entity Framework 4.3 Beta 1 (Code First Migrations) is supported