Is PostgreSQLDirect .NET discontinued?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Traveler

Is PostgreSQLDirect .NET discontinued?

Post by Traveler » Mon 03 Oct 2005 18:53

I need to make a decision in the next three days about whether we stay with PostgreSQLDirect, or whether we continue with converting the remainder of our application to Npgsql.

It's been over two months since the release of a new PostgreSQLDirect .NET build. And that release hasn't worked with the latest .NET 2.0 beta releases from Microsoft.

We've been promised twice on this forum "we'll release it in a week". Both time the promise was not fulfilled. Maybe this is how business is done in Ukraine these days, but this is not how it is done here in USA. If customers can't rely on a vendor, the vendor gets dropped and dies.

So, my question: are we going to get the promised release in three days or less, or have you effectively discontinued PostgreSQLDirect?

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Tue 04 Oct 2005 12:22

You can use PostgreSQLDirect .NET Data Provider 2.20 for .NET1 in your .NET2 projects. You can do it in the following way:

- Uninstall version of Data Provider for .NET2 framework;
- Install version for .NET1 framework using pgsqlnet220std.exe;
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Open toolbox using View/Toolbox command;
- In the toolbox execute "Choose Items..." command;
- In the opened dialog box browse for CoreLab.PostgreSql.dll assembly that can by located in the root installation folder;
After that you can use the design-time components and compile your projects that use .NET2 framework.

So, my answer: We plan to support release version of .NET2 framework as soon as it becomes available.

Traveler

It worked

Post by Traveler » Sat 08 Oct 2005 03:05

Your suggestion was helpful. Thank you.