Provider Type Problem on PostgreSQL

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
giuliano

Provider Type Problem on PostgreSQL

Post by giuliano » Fri 03 Dec 2010 19:59

Good evening,

I'm having trouble with the Provider Type for fields of type Boolean.

After you create a DataTable with TableAdapter Configuration Wizard, Visual Studio 2010, all commands (update, insert and remove) are correct.

The parameters for SqlCommands that are of type Boolean are:

DbType Boolean
ProviderType: Boolean

But once we make any changes on the table, is adding a new column or changing the update command, for example, the parameters of my SQL Command that are of type Boolean point as:

DbType Boolean
ProviderType: Int

Therefore, I must review parameter by parameter in each SqlCommand to adjust ProviderType: Int ProviderType for Boolean, as it was originally.

Any idea what might be happening? Some specific parameter in my StringConnection?

One thing I noticed was the Devart DataTables that he has no exclusive to the database in which I'm connecting. I saw the Devart for PostgreSQL has also PgSQLDataTables.

Does this not causing any problems?
Can I enable the use of PgSQLDataTables even having bought the package Universal (for all platforms Database)

I am using version 3.20.16.00 of the Devart dotConnect Professinal Universal." with the platform. NET Framework 4.0 and I configured the CommandTimeout property to zero before executing the query.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 06 Dec 2010 17:03

1. We have reproduced the issue with the boolean parameters of TableAdapter's update command when editing the update command in the MS DataSet Editor. We will investigate it and notify you about the results as soon as possible. As a workaround, please create and edit your dataset via Devart DataSet Wizard (the Tools > Universal > DataSet Wizard menu of Visual Studio).

2. The PgSqlDataTable component is available only in dotConnect for PostgreSQL Professional Edition.
dotConnect Universal Professional Edition includes only run time of the Standard Edition of dotConnect for PostgreSQL.

3. The bug with UniCommand.CommandTimeout is fixed in the 3.20.27 build of dotConnect Universal (revision history).

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 08 Dec 2010 15:18

We have fixed the bug with parameter's type mapping of TableAdapter's update command when editing the update command in the MS DataSet Editor. I will post here when the corresponding build is available for download.

giuliano

Post by giuliano » Sun 12 Dec 2010 10:23

Thank shalex,

I'll be waiting for the new compilation.

giuliano

Post by giuliano » Fri 17 Dec 2010 02:34

Good Night shalex,

Today I discovered there is a similar problem with data type Text.

When the column type is Text, Visual Studio DataSetEditor considers to be of type AnsiString, but is ProviderType Tyniint, call the UpdateCommand when generating the DataSet.

Thanks.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 17 Dec 2010 12:52

New build of dotConnect Universal 3.20.31 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/univer ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).

The bug with parameter's type mapping of TableAdapter's update command when editing update command in MS DataSet Editor is fixed in this build. Please try it and notify us about the results.

For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19798 .