Installed v4.90.120 and now unable to connect in VS2010RC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
tomhirt

Post by tomhirt » Tue 18 May 2010 15:30

Is there no workaround until the new build is released?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 20 May 2010 13:02

There is no workaround for retrieving database schema at design-time. At run-time connection to older versions of PostgreSQL should work.

As I can understand, you are mainly interested in configuring PgSqlDataSource components. Am I correct? If yes, the possible workaround for this task is to configure PgSqlDataSources using Devart PgSqlDataSource Editor instead of Microsoft Data Source Configuration Wizard.

We will release the build with the fix next week.

tomhirt

Post by tomhirt » Thu 20 May 2010 14:01

I'm just trying to connect to the Postgres database with the latest Dotconnect driver. I can wing my way throught the SQL statements, but I'm such an ASP noob that I can't figure out how build the necessary connection string in the web config without the wizard.

tomhirt

Post by tomhirt » Thu 20 May 2010 14:50

ok, ok, I'm an idiot. I now see what you have been trying to tell me.

I've been so afraid if screwing up my project, that I decided to create a new project to test the lastest version of Dotconnect. And since I'm a noob, I have to rely on the wizards.

So I created the connection string in the new web.config manually:

I then go and try to create the datasource and get our scheme error..

But I note now that the datasource is available for me to configure and it opens the PgSqlDataSource Editor which allows me to specify the SQL and whamo, it works.

So sorry for being an pain. I guess I just need to go into my current project and modify the dotconnect version info in the web.config?