We are glad to announce the Beta version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL 4.85!
New dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers complete support for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and Entity Framework 4 Beta 2.
Entity Developer 2.80 was greatly improved. Now Entity Developer seamlessly integrates with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2. Entity Developer LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework models are edited inside the Visual Studio without the need to open the model in a separate Entity Developer application. You can use Entity Developer for creating models for both Entity Framework 1 and Entity Framework 4 Beta 2. For example, such feature as Lazy Loading is now supported for Entity Framework 4 Beta 2 models.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL now supports both Entity Developer and Entity Data Model Wizard/Update Wizard for designing Entity Framework models in Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2.
Model First was supported with templates for generating DDL script for PostgreSQL. Now you may design the Entity Framework model for your application and then create database automatically.
Support for new Canonical aggregate and scalar functions was added to dotConnect data providers, and you may use standard database functions in LINQ queries.
Here is a full list of dotConnect for PostgreSQL new features:
- Supported Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2
- Install Wizard improved (ability to automatically uninstall previous version added)
- Fixed bug with multiple rows constraint generation
- Added support for XML type
- Fixed bug with NotImplementedException and IGrouping.Count
- Fixed the problem with group by and ordering
- Fixed bug with exception on the master-detail insert
- Fixed bug with Int32 instead of Int64
- Support for ADO.NET Entity Framework 4 Beta 2 added
- Support for multi-result set methods added
- Improved dialogs for editing model objects
- Full integration with Visual Studio implemented
- Added full support for ModificationFunctionMapping
- Strongly typed reference cursors supported
- Fixed bug with Storage attribute setting
- Fixed bug with OtherKey attribute setting
- Fixed bug with model opening in case of manual association edit
- Fixed bug with Generate related property check box
- Supported ADO.NET Entity Framework 4 Beta 2
- Support for new Canonical aggregate and scalar functions added
- Ability to use standard DBMS functions in LINQ queries added
- Support for Model First (templates for DB generation) added
- Full support for Entity Data Model Wizard/Update Wizard added
Devart development team