Licensing question

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
glose

Licensing question

Post by glose » Mon 24 Aug 2009 15:42

I have an assembly that uses the devart product to manipulate program data and need to make this assembly available to my VARs.

When they use this assembly they receive the not licensed notice. I told them they would have to purchase a devart license etc. However, that doesn't seem to work. Their exe is licensed and everything works until they access my assembly.

Ideas ?

On a different note does Devart make available a source code license ? This would be very useful for QA purposes to us.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 25 Aug 2009 10:43

1. Please specify the exact text of the error message.
2. What version and edition of dotConnect for PostgreSQL are you using? You can see it in the Tools | PostgreSQL | About menu of Visual Studio.
3. Have you tried to delete all files from the obj and bin folders of your project, and to rebuild it?

Here is some general information: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... nsing.html

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 26 Aug 2009 06:26

We are working on the Source edition of our product. But we cannot provide any timeframe at the moment.