DataLink bug in version 4.55.39 ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Wojtek

DataLink bug in version 4.55.39 ?

Post by Wojtek » Sat 08 Aug 2009 10:14

Dear Devart

After upgrade from 4.50.29 to 4.55.39 I came across problems with DataLink and interform
Enviroment: VS2005 (WinForms) , NET2.0.

In my application I used several DataLink components that reference datasets in main form of application. It all worked fine until upgrade.

After upgrade I noticed following:
1. DatLink component properties window
DataSource property point to my mainform.datset.tablename (case preserved)
However when I dropdown combo list of available data sources all table names are now converted to lower case. Data set objects are named with mixed upper and lower case.

2. Runtime errors
Application compiles fine but in runtime DataLink components generate errors:
"Cannot find component by name MainForm.datasetname.tablename in global components cache".

Before posting this:
I tried to recreate mainform dataset using wizard - no results.
I tried to recreate DataLink on the form (by drag'n drop datatable from DataSet manger to form's body) - no results.
I tried to edit manually reference in DataSource property - no results.

I think it is a bug that sends whole InterForm technology to trash in ver 4.55.39.

O maybe I overlooked something ?

Wojtek

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 10 Aug 2009 13:44

We cannot reproduce the problem with the 4.55.39 version.
Application compiles fine but in runtime DataLink components generate errors:
"Cannot find component by name MainForm.datasetname.tablename in global components cache".
Please open your SecondaryForm.Designer.cs file, find the line with your DataLink like the following:

Code: Select all

this.myDataLink.DataSource = ((object)(Devart.Common.GlobalComponentsCache.GetObjectByName("MainForm.datasetname.tablename")));
Then replace MainForm.datasetname.tablename with the correct reference to your datatable with correct upper/lower case.

If this doesn't help, please check if DataLink works in a newly created project.