devart datatable-datagrid insert index error // upgrade ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
jkanerva

devart datatable-datagrid insert index error // upgrade ?

Post by jkanerva » Fri 12 Jun 2009 14:52

I have a pg database and devart datatable using it. I read and enter edit state to edit this data table. Datatable used RID sequence to get new row identifier per row.

eg. I have 497 row.
I go to last line (marked *) on the datagrid 497 and then switch into edit mode of datagrid.
Usually I am on line 497 and end up to line 499 but I can not enter 498. It jumps from 497 to 499. Then I can not insert new row into database using arrow down key. It just do not insert.
When I redo this I get I get an exspection indicating that rowIndex is out of limits.
"
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Määritetty argumentti ei kuulunut kelvollisten arvojen alueeseen.
Parametrin nimi: rowIndex
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.GetCellDisplayRectangle(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean cutOverflow)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.GetCellAdjustedDisplayRectangle(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean cutOverflow)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.InvalidateCellPrivate(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellCommonChange(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex)
kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.ProcessListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
"

If I switch into edit mode of the grid when I an on line 495 or something everything start to operate ok.
Switching to edit mode means to change false ->true or true-> false :
{
pgSqlDataTable1.CachedUpdates = false;
dataGridView1.ReadOnly = false;
bindingNavigatorDeleteItem.Visible = true;
}

So there is a problem in INSERT and row index.

Is there any way to test this bit 4.50.33 version without uninstall and reinstall of alll devart software ? Or is this insert been corrected already ?
now I have 4.50.29 with problems.
( LINQ Fixed bug with insertion to the table with single autoicrement column )

I tested the previuous version and it seemed to operate differently but ends sometimes give exception about index.

Really - I am have a big problem on the field with the product already used every day by customers. I do not have any OK product now.

jkanerva

Solved going around

Post by jkanerva » Fri 12 Jun 2009 18:29

Solved with
bindingNavigator1.Refresh(); after dataGridView1.ReadOnly = false;