Bug with reading UNICODE in new version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Joern

Post by Joern » Mon 13 Jun 2005 20:45

I just installed the latest version 2.10.7 and I cannot read UNICODE from my database anymore. (Database version 8.0.3 on Windows)

It seems that I can write Unicode characters to the database. When I look at the data in pgAdmin it looks ok. However, the data that is returned to my application is scrambled.

As soon as I remove the new version and install the old version 2.10.3 everything works as expected.

Regards,

Joern

P.S.: Sorry, I do not have the versions between 2.10.3 and 2.10.7 - therefore I cannot tell exactly which version broke the code. If you have a download link for the older versions I will try them.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:29

Please specify a code sample to open connection and Encoding option at the server.
Have you set PgSqlConnection.Charset property after PgSqlConnection.Unicode?

Joern

Encoding options

Post by Joern » Wed 22 Jun 2005 15:01

I do not set Charset property. I set Unicode=true. (I tried setting Unicode in the connection string and in code but without a difference.)

I have the following encoding options for the database:

PostgreSQL (8.0.3) general:

Locale = German, Germany
Encoding = LATIN1

Database option (when creating database)

Encoding = UNICODE

As I wrote before: As soon as I deinstall the new version and install an old version (2.10.4) everything is correct. (With the same database and encoding options of course.)

Regards,

Joern

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Thu 23 Jun 2005 10:12

We reproduced problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next PostgreSQLDirect .NET build.