TRANSACTIONS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
JORGEMAL

TRANSACTIONS

Post by JORGEMAL » Tue 23 Dec 2008 16:51

Hi,
I asked a question about transactions in this link:
http://devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... ansactions

I tried to implement such a feature in my database which includes framework and my own operations. For example, adding a user to the framework tables (aspnet_users and aspnet_membership) and to another user table with additional data like address, phone, zip code, etc.

Does the answer in the link above mean that it is not possible to apply transactions to membership framework operations including users and roles?

On the other hand, I can work with transactions for my own tables in the database no matter how many tables are included in such operations. For example, adding an order and order details. Am I right?

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 24 Dec 2008 11:47

Yes, you are right. It is not impossible to apply transactions to operations with membership provider scheme at the moment, because TransactionScope is not implemented yet. Now membership provider considers itself which PgSqlConnection object to use and when.

As for the tables created by you, usage of the transaction is available, because you work with them via your own PgSqlConnection object.