Where is component from VS ServerExplorer Add Connection?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
alworks

Where is component from VS ServerExplorer Add Connection?

Post by alworks » Mon 08 Dec 2008 12:55

Hello

After selecting "Add Connection" in Visual Studio Server Explorer, there is a nice dialog that shows different connection components for different providers. The same dialog is in Entity Developer.
I have found component for Microsoft SqlServer (this is Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.SqlConnectionUIControl in Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.Dialog.dll).
But I can not find parallel component for PostgreSql in any of Devart assemblies (tried Object Browser and NET Reflector without success).

I have found only Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Design.ConnectForm but this is too simple and is derived from Form not from Component class.

Where to find this component (is it public?). Do I have to write my own?

Thanks,
Aleksander Podlaski

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Dec 2008 12:54

The Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlConnection component is placed in the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.dll assembly.

Please tell us the version and edition of dotConnect for PostgreSQL you are using. To see your version and edition choose Tools | PostgreSQL | About dotConnect for PostgreSQL from the main menu of Visual Studio.

alworks

Post by alworks » Wed 10 Dec 2008 13:27

I'm using the newest version 4.00.16, but I don't have problems with Devart.Data.PostgreSql.PgSqlConnection.
I'm talking about something different.

Here is link to image with dialog with nice component. This is definitelly component from your library. Where is it?
http://www.smartclient.pl/downloads/images/demo1.jpg

Here is link to image with similar component for SqlServer from Microsoft placed in the same dialog wken you choose SqlClient ADO Provider.
http://www.smartclient.pl/downloads/images/demo2.jpg
This component is named Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.SqlConnectionUIControl and placed in Microsoft.Data.ConnectionUI.Dialog.dll assembly. I can use it in my projects.

I see that you use this nice component also in Entity Developer.
http://www.smartclient.pl/downloads/images/demo3.jpg
So I suppose it should be somewhere in your libraries, but I can not find it.

Thank you
Aleksander Podlaski

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 12 Dec 2008 12:14

The name of this component is PgSqlConnectionUIControl. It is placed in the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Vs.dll assembly, the Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Vs.DDEX namespace.

alworks

Post by alworks » Fri 12 Dec 2008 12:46

OK, I found it. .NET Reflector says:

Code: Select all

internal class PgSqlConnectionUIControl : b 
Name: Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Vs.DDEX.PgSqlConnectionUIControl 
Assembly: Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Vs, Version=4.0.16.0 
Unfortunatelly this class is internal. Could you change it to public in next release?

Thank you,
Aleksander Podlaski

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 12 Dec 2008 13:16

We have changed it to public. Look forward to the next build of dotConnect for PostgreSQL.

alworks

Post by alworks » Fri 12 Dec 2008 13:23

Thank you very much.

Aleksander Podlaski