NullReferenceException on query over navigation properties

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
darth_bug

NullReferenceException on query over navigation properties

Post by darth_bug » Thu 02 Oct 2008 09:40

Hello,

i've send You an E-Mail to [email protected] on this issue on monday and didn't get any reply yet! The Mail mail contains a sample project to demonstrate the behaviour, because i suggested it would be to complex to explain in the forum. As You didn't response the the E-Mail request i'll try to explain the problem here:

I get a NullReferenceException when i query an entity by using '==' or 'Equals()' on at least 2 string properties of any navigation property. This problem only exists when several conditions (under several combinations) are satisfied. For example the use of 'Include' functions in the query, or if both entities are derived from an abstract Entity class.

As i already mentioned i've created a sample project with a sample database to reproduce this behaviour very easy. If You like, i'll send it to you again.

I would realy appreciate, if You could give any reply on this, because we have to decide how to continue!

Thank's in advance and best regards,
Johannes

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 03 Oct 2008 06:52

We are investigating this problem. You will be notified as soon as possible.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 03 Oct 2008 11:49

The problem is fixed. Look forward to the next build of PostgreSQLDirect .NET.

darth_bug

Post by darth_bug » Fri 03 Oct 2008 12:11

Thank's for the quick reply :) !

darth_bug

Post by darth_bug » Fri 24 Oct 2008 12:01

Hello,

do You plan to continue PostgreSQLDirect .NET version 3 to solve this issue?

I tried the new beta release 4 and have massive problems to migrate our project. I changed all references, edited the .edmx to the new Devart namespace, but i get a TypeLoadExcepttion which says that .Net did not find the Store Provider.

Do you plan to provide a migration guide? And what about licensing, can get an update with our version 3 license?

best regards,

Johannes

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 24 Oct 2008 14:04

Try the Migration Wizard available in the latest build of our product. If it does not help, contact us.