problem with DataSet Wizard i VS 2008

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
marlin

problem with DataSet Wizard i VS 2008

Post by marlin » Tue 08 Jul 2008 14:39

We purched PostgresSQLDirect .Net Proffesional few days ago and we have problem with DataSet Wizard. When I create new Data Set Wizard from PostgreSQl-> DataSet Wizard menu without checking "Add this Wizard to designer" it's look like my Connection parameter is not rember.

After creating new DataSet when I try to Add some Query to TableAdapter for example I get error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". In properites of TableAdapter in Connection I have always "connection1" with ConestionString empty. When I changed Connection properties to existing value and save project. Designer.cs file is missing and in warring window I get message "The custom tools 'PgSQLDataSetGenerator' failed. Not supported more then one provider'

Bellow my xsd file

DELETE FROM "test"."public"."tabela_1" WHERE (("id" = :Original_id) AND ((:IsNull_test = 1 AND "test" IS NULL) OR ("test" = :Original_test)))

INSERT INTO "test"."public"."tabela_1" ("id", "test") VALUES (:id, :test)

select * from public.tabela_1

UPDATE "test"."public"."tabela_1" SET "id" = :id, "test" = :test WHERE (("id" = :Original_id) AND ((:IsNull_test = 1 AND "test" IS NULL) OR ("test" = :Original_test)))

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 09 Jul 2008 05:53

Hello, Marlin.

The problem you've reported is already solved.
The fixed build will be available in several days.

Regards, Andrey