Master _ Detail connection is failed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
Irvine

Master _ Detail connection is failed

Post by Irvine » Sat 31 May 2008 07:05

Hello,

I have a big problem.
I develop new software by VS2008 and use PostgreSQL data accass package.

When I create new form what contains a lot of controls and I would like to try create Master - Detail relation, it doesn't work.
I can see only one tables datarows.

If I use Microsoft VS2008 component than the master-detail connection is ok.

Why?
How can I find one example?
Help Me, please?

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 02 Jun 2008 07:33

Hello,

Please check the following samples in the Start menu for the master-details relation:
Core Lab PostgreSQLDirect for .NET2 -> Samples -> WinForms
or
Core Lab PostgreSQLDirect for .NET2 -> Samples -> Web
The number of controls should not interact with PostgreSQLDirect .NET.
Let me know if the problem is solved.

Regards,
Alexey.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 02 Jun 2008 17:20

Hello,

Thank You your advice.
I tried compile the sample project, but I receive a lot of error message.
Error 1 Missing partial modifier on declaration of type 'Samples.Crystal.ReportDataSet'; another partial declaration of this type exists C:\Uj szamlazo program\Teszt projectek\Backup\CS\Crystal\ReportDataSet.cs 22 18 Samples
Error 2 The type 'Samples.Crystal.ReportDataSet' already contains a definition for 'EmpRowChangeEventHandler' C:\Uj szamlazo program\Teszt projectek\Backup\CS\Crystal\ReportDataSet.Designer.cs 256 30 Samples
Error 3 Missing partial modifier on declaration of type 'Samples.Crystal.ReportDataSet.EmpDataTable'; another partial declaration of this type exists C:\Uj szamlazo program\Teszt projectek\Backup\CS\Crystal\ReportDataSet.cs 136 22 Samples
Error 4 Missing partial modifier on declaration of type 'Samples.Crystal.ReportDataSet.EmpRow'; another partial declaration of this type exists C:\Uj szamlazo program\Teszt projectek\Backup\CS\Crystal\ReportDataSet.cs 362 22 Samples
Error 5 The type 'Samples.Crystal.ReportDataSet' already contains a definition for 'EmpRowChangeEvent' C:\Uj szamlazo program\Teszt projectek\Backup\CS\Crystal\ReportDataSet.Designer.cs 791 22 Samples

I use VS2008 and PostgreSQL Direct 3.50 trial version.

Irvine

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Tue 03 Jun 2008 08:16

Hello Irvine,

The samples were originally build in Visual Studio 2005.
When Visual Studio 2008 uses conversion wizard, it creates ReportDataSet.Designer.cs file.
Please delete this file and rebuild the project.

Regards,
Alexey.