Problem with editing with dataset wizard and datalinks.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
manuel.romero

Problem with editing with dataset wizard and datalinks.

Post by manuel.romero » Thu 29 May 2008 20:16

Hello everybody!

I'm having a big problem with the dataset wizard. Let's see, I have to use the wizard to edit my datasets (http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12046).

Join to that problem, now when I edit a dataset (for example, because I want to add a field) I lose all the datalinks which have that dataset as datasource, and all the bindings of the objects that use the datalinks. So everytime I edit the dataset I have to remake all the datalinks and bindings.

So now it's easy because I'm starting with the project but when with more forms I'm going to need more datalinks, and it's very frustrating to remember the configuration of the datasets (due to bug from the other topic) and all the datalinks and bindings.

This problem is new for me because I used before bindingsource objects instead of datalinks, but now I want to use the same dataset in diferents forms.

Is this normal? Is there any way to make a postgres dataset with or without the dataset wizard which I could edit without problems?

Thanks a lots, regards.

Manuel J. Romero

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 30 May 2008 08:20

Hello Manuel,

thank you for the bug report.
We will fix the problem as soon as possible.
Please note, the DataLink component itself is not destroyed.
It's not shown on the form though it exists indeed. As a temporary solution please close the form with invisible DataLink component and open it again.
The DataLink will appear.

Alexey.

manuel.romero

Post by manuel.romero » Tue 23 Sep 2008 08:46

Hello everybody!

I'm starting again with my projects after the summer.

I downloaded the last version of the PostgreSQLDirect .NET and I continue having the same problems that I had when I opened this post.

I was thinking that the problem was solve because somebody from the staff said me that.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Manuel Romero

manuel.romero

Post by manuel.romero » Wed 24 Sep 2008 08:59

Sorry a lot I have chosen the wrong post, for the moment the problem with the datalinks is solved. I have a problem losing changes in dataset. So I'm going to post in the right post.

Thanks and sorry again