Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed 08 Jun 2011 08:04
We have a compilation server with both Oracle and SQLite Devart drivers
We need to install an upper version of dotConnect for SQLite in order to compile targeting NET 4.7.2
- a) Is it possible to install a newer verssion of SQLite without affect the Oracle installation (We only have msbuild tools and NET SDK, not VS)?
- b) If the previous is not possible, Is it possible to attach the license without install the new SQLite version? Or not install it in the GAC?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 8931
- Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44
The dotConnect providers use a common assembly (Devart.Data.dll). If you install several providers released on the same date, they use the same version of Devart.Data.dll.
mnieto wrote: ↑
Mon 17 Jun 2019 15:05
a) Is it possible to install a newer verssion of SQLite without affect the Oracle installation (We only have msbuild tools and NET SDK, not VS)?
You can do that, but you should use some file manager (e.g.: https://x-diesel.com/
) and remove all Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files/folders after each provider installation in the following locations:
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
JIC: install wizards of newer versions (released after 08 Dec 2016) of the dotConnect providers include the "Do not install assemblies in the GAC" option