Licensing dotConnect for SQLite in .NET Standard for a Xamarin Project

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
Juansero29

Licensing dotConnect for SQLite in .NET Standard for a Xamarin Project

Post by Juansero29 » Thu 17 May 2018 16:09

Hello, I've been trying to use dotConnect for SQLite in a Xamarin project (so in a .NET Standard licensing approach). But I can't use the classes. I get a"License Exception" when trying to open a connection to a database. I have already installed the trial version and verified that the key is in ProgramData, and I have also tried to add the path of the key (both the path in the computer, and the path of the file inside an Android phone) in the connection string, but still, I get a License Exception.

Is dotConnect for SQLite (.NET Standard) usable with Xamarin? (it would seem so as any .NET Standard NuGet usually works perfectly with Xamarin) If so, how can I make the NuGet detect that I have a trial license? It's a pity that I can't test the library just for licensing problems...

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Licensing dotConnect for SQLite in .NET Standard for a Xamarin Project

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 May 2018 08:42

Xamarin is currently not supported by Devart ADO.NET product line. We will notify you when the feature is implemented. There is no timeframe at the moment.

You may take a look at our Delphi Data Access Components product line, which supports developing applications for macOS, iOS, Android platforms with Delphi: https://www.devart.com/litedac/ .