How do I resolve “Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component”?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
habipoguz

How do I resolve “Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component”?

Post by habipoguz » Mon 30 Apr 2018 03:17

Hi,
When I want to add "sqlite3.dll" in my project, I am getting an error like this: "A reference to 'D:\VisualStudio\sqlite3.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.". I got this DLL file from your program located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\SQLite".
Please could you help me, how do I import "sqlite3.dll" file into my project?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: How do I resolve “Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component”?

Post by Shalex » Tue 01 May 2018 11:08

You should not add reference to sqlite3.dll in your project.

sqlite3.dll has to be located either in the application folder or in a system-wide accessible folder. The bitness (32-bit or 64-bit) of the library must correspond to the bitness of your application. If you need your application to use a specific sqlite3.dll library, you can ensure it in the following way: in a folder with your application create a folder named "x86" (without quotes) or "x64" (without quotes) depending on the bitness of your application. Then place the sqlite3.dll library of the corresponding bitness to this folder. This is the first place where dotConnect for SQLite will search for the library.

Refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/sqlit ... yment.html.

habipoguz

Re: How do I resolve “Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component”?

Post by habipoguz » Tue 01 May 2018 18:00

I tried to import "sqlite3.dll" for a very long time. Thank you very much.
Kind regards,