Licence information is incorrect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
bairog

Licence information is incorrect

Post by bairog » Tue 27 Oct 2015 09:20

Hello.
I'm building an application using dotConnect for SQLite 5.2.146.0 using VS 2010 and .NET 4.0.
There were several dotConnect installations an uninstallations caused by inspecting that bug.
And now I have and exceprion
Assembly that contains embedded dotConnect for SQlite license cannot be used with this application: dbFly
Please correct license information
But I have upplication DBFly.exe in my Properties\licenses.config file. I've uploaded that two license files here. What is wrong with them?

P.S. I've tried removing references to the Devart.* from my project and readding them again, then right click the project in Solution Explorer > Clean, and Rebuild. Nothing changes.

P.P.S. If I permanently delete Properties\licenses.licx file from my project - everything work perfect. But is that correct choice?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Licence information is incorrect

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 27 Oct 2015 13:46

Please create and send us two simple applications for reproducing the issue. The first one is a class library project and the second - a console application that uses this class library.
bairog wrote:P.P.S. If I permanently delete Properties\licenses.licx file from my project - everything work perfect. But is that correct choice?
This allows you to check how your application runs without the license resource, but an application without license resource will produce the "License not found." exception when deployed.

bairog

Post by bairog » Wed 28 Oct 2015 06:20

All problems has gone when I've compiled my solution with VS2010 Pro (I've compiled it with VS2015 Pro before).
Looks like dotConnect for SQLite 5.2.146 doesn't support licensing with VS 2015 correctly.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 28 Oct 2015 13:22

We are glad to hear that the issue is solved.

Visual Studio 2015 is supported started from dotConnect for SQLite 5.3.464. For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/sqlit ... story.html