DLLNotFoundException when I run my program

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
garling

DLLNotFoundException when I run my program

Post by garling » Mon 05 Oct 2015 19:50

I am getting the following error when I run my program:

Devart.Data.Linq.LinqCommandExecutionExecption: Error on opening DbConnection. ---> Devart.Data.SQLiteException: Unable to open database file ---> System.DllNotFoundExeption: Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found.

I have all the references added as needed.

garling

Re: DLLNotFoundException when I run my program

Post by garling » Mon 05 Oct 2015 20:16

Update:

When I add the sqlite3.dll in the app folder, I don't get the error but my data does not display on my form.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 06 Oct 2015 12:50

garling wrote:Devart.Data.Linq.LinqCommandExecutionExecption: Error on opening DbConnection. ---> Devart.Data.SQLiteException: Unable to open database file ---> System.DllNotFoundExeption: Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found.
Generally, your application should have access to the engine library sqlite3.dll when it is deployed and is used on the computer where there is no engine library sqlite3.dll. You should put it either to the application folder or to a system-wide accessible folder.

The sqlite3.dll is included in the dotConnect for SQLite/LinqConnect installation and there are 2 versions available in these folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\SQLite
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\SQLite\x64
garling wrote:I don't get the error but my data does not display on my form.
Please create and send us a small test project, with which this behaviour is reproducible. This will significantly speed up the process of determining the cause of the issue and finding the solution for it.

garling

Post by garling » Tue 06 Oct 2015 14:19

When I run the program on my dev machine it works just fine (In Visual Studio and as a stand alone application). I tried to install and run in a Windows 8.1 (Surface 3) Windwos 10 and a Windows Server 2008 R2, it runs but my dataview shows the headers but no data. It seems like I am missing something on those machines,

garling

Post by garling » Tue 06 Oct 2015 15:36

Disregard I found the issue, it was a setup file that was not loaded that contained a lookup var for a query.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Wed 07 Oct 2015 05:28

Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.