Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': Access is denied.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
deepslux

Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': Access is denied.

Post by deepslux » Sat 04 Jun 2011 09:23

Hi,

I'm very new to sqlite and I'm currently using Devart SQLite Standard Edition and deploy in ASP.NET web hosting environment.

First of all, I'm able to successfully connect to SQLite database in my development PC. But right after I upload to web hosting, it encountered an error of Unable to load DLL sqlite3. Unable to open database file.

Could you advise me on this?

deepslux

Post by deepslux » Sat 04 Jun 2011 09:27

Additional information:

I have place Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.SQLite.dll and sqlite3.dll in bin folder. The database is located at bin folder as well.

deepslux

Post by deepslux » Sat 04 Jun 2011 12:58

And I never install minimal SQLite setup given by Devart. Does it matter? Because I put my web files at web hosting, so it's quite impossible for me to run the setup.

Is the deployment as simple as put Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.SQLite.dll, and sqlite3.dll into the same folder as the database location?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 07 Jun 2011 15:31

deepslux wrote:Is the deployment as simple as put Devart.Data.dll, Devart.Data.SQLite.dll, and sqlite3.dll into the same folder as the database location?
This should work. The possible reasons of the problem:
1. Make sure that you deployed your application with the correct version (x86 or x64) of sqlite3.dll. The capacity of sqlite3.dll should correspond to the capacity of your web server:
http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18125
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4657 ... k-examples
2. Your application may not have enough permissions to use sqlite3.dll. When dotConnect for SQLite application is used in partially trusted code (this is actual for web projects), it requires medium trust level. The permissions issue was also discussed in this thread at our forum. To localize the problem, try setting a higher trust level in the web.config file of your application (e.g., "Full") or contact your hosting provider.

deepslux

Post by deepslux » Sun 19 Jun 2011 14:57

Hi. Thanks for the reply. How could I know which sqlite3.dll is meant for x86 or x64? Please advise. Thanks

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 20 Jun 2011 11:25

During installation, the library of a proper version (x86 or x64) is copied on a target machine. The 64-bit sqlite3.dll library is copied only when installing dotConnect for SQLite on 64-bit machines (by default, \Program Files (x86)\Devart\dotConnect\SQLite\x64\sqlite3.dll). We have sent the 64-bit sqlite3.dll library to your e-mail that is specified in your profile.