Deployment on target computer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
mepolsen

Deployment on target computer

Post by mepolsen » Thu 28 Oct 2010 19:46

I get the following error message reported in Event Viewer when trying to launch a deployed application:

Error on opening DbConnection.

Stack Trace:
at Devart.Data.Linq.LinqCommandExecutionException.CanThrowLinqCommandExecutionException(String message, Exception e)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.n.g()
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.n.b(IConnectionUser A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.DataProvider.ExecuteQuery(CompiledQuery compiledQuery, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, Object lastResult)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.DataProvider.ExecuteAllQueries(CompiledQuery compiledQuery, Object[] userArguments)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.DataProvider.Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query)
at Devart.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression)
at System.Linq.Queryable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)

It appears this is caused with the dotConnect libraries being registered in the GAC. Per the documentation I have all the Devart.Data.* dll's and the sqlite3.dll in the same directory as my application. Is there a alternative way to register the dll's without having to run an additional dotConnect installer each time?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 29 Oct 2010 12:14

This issue may be caused by different reasons, the exact one should be specified in the inner exception. Does the exception you are getting have an inner one? If yes, please specify its error message and stack trace.

Most probably, the problem is that the license resource is absent or not valid. For the information on how to add the technical license, please refer to the Licensing topic of our documentation:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/sqlite ... nsing.html