AccessViolationException for no reason

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
Sephiroth

AccessViolationException for no reason

Post by Sephiroth » Sat 19 Jul 2008 09:35

Hello,

Occasionaly this exception occurs at my clients with no appearant reason, now if i try the new sqlite dll (3.6) i get the same exception with a simple select.

I saw that there where some incompatible changes in v3.6 and i understand that you can't support this version in 1 day but i wondered if the cause of the exception could be one of the minor flaws mentioned at sqlite.

http://www.sqlite.org/35to36.html
"the developers have discovered some minor flaws in the original "virtual file system" design introduced in version 3.5.0"

Will you upgrade corelab.sqlite to support the new version, and do you think the exception could be solved in the new version?

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Tue 22 Jul 2008 15:07

We will also investigate this problem. If we find out anything, I'll post it here.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Wed 23 Jul 2008 08:57

We could not reproduce the problem with the dll downloaded from the official site. Probably the source of the problem is located in the dll compiled by you.

Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth » Wed 23 Jul 2008 09:46

I did not compile the dll myself, i downloaded this one:
http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-3_6_0.zip

We have an solution compiled against x86, "any cpu" does not work on x64 pc's. maybe that's something.

This simple code fails:

Code: Select all

Dim mvrDialog As New OpenFileDialog()
    If mvrDialog.ShowDialog = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
      Dim mvrConnectionBuilder As New CoreLab.SQLite.SQLiteConnectionStringBuilder
      mvrConnectionBuilder.DataSource = mvrDialog.FileName

Dim mvrConnection As New CoreLab.SQLite.SQLiteConnection(mvrConnectionBuilder.ConnectionString)
      mvrConnection.Open()
    End If

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 24 Jul 2008 16:23

Hello, Sephiroth.

The issue is being investigated now.
The situation is quite difficult, so no timeframe could be estimated.

Regards, Andrey.