Slow data fetch from MSSQL via SP

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
toneskok

Slow data fetch from MSSQL via SP

Post by toneskok » Fri 24 Jun 2022 10:42

Hi,
I'm using Unidac 9.1.1. with Delphi 10.3, connecting to MSSQL 2014. I have SP that returns just resultset (no updates or inserts). Calling open with TUniQuery takes very long time.... as I tested, problem is with float fields (resultset has few string and 10 float fields returned in resultet). Select is using CTE for all float fields, one is calculated.
If I remove float fields from resultset, query gets result in few ms... In moment when just 1 float is added to resultset, time is 20s....
When same select is put in query SQL, with all fields, resultset is retrieved in 0.2 sek.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Tone

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: Slow data fetch from MSSQL via SP

Post by pavelpd » Fri 01 Jul 2022 15:06

Hi!
Thanks for contacting Devart!

Kindly note, that we were unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned based on the data you provided.

Could you please compose a script for creating a stored procedure?
Also, please compose and send us an sample application reproducing the issue you have specified with all necessary DDL and DML scripts to create and populate database objects.

You can send all the needed samples via the e-support form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html