Using unidac is much slower than firedac using firebird on internet connection.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ozelaya

Using unidac is much slower than firedac using firebird on internet connection.

Post by ozelaya » Sat 11 Dec 2021 00:15

Hi,

Im using TMS Aurelius as ORM. When connecting to a FB remote DB over the internet when using FireDac as a connection adapter for Aurelius It runs much more faster than unidac. on local network both looks like they run at the same speed. I have set compression and connection pooling on both.(with and without blobs on query, firedac is faster)

Any hints.

Thanks in advance,

Omar Zelaya

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Using unidac is much slower than firedac using firebird on internet connection.

Post by ViktorV » Fri 17 Dec 2021 17:06

Hey Omar,

You can get more information about performance improving when using our components at our website: https://docs.devart.com/ibdac/increasin ... rmance.htm
Note, IBDAC components by default load BLOB fields data immediately. The DeferredBlobRead property is responsible for downloading data to BLOB fields, it is set to False by default. Therefore, to increasing performance try to set the DeferredBlobRead property to True.
In addition, pay attention to the following options: "DeferredArrayRead", "FetchAll", "LongStrings".
If that doesn't help, please create and send us using contact form from our website:
https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html
a sample project demonstrating the issue including the scripts for creating database objects.

Regards,
Viktor

ozelaya

Re: Using unidac is much slower than firedac using firebird on internet connection.

Post by ozelaya » Thu 06 Jan 2022 21:33

Hi,

I'm using TMS Aurelius as ORM so I have no control on the components used to execute SQL, What I have noticed on Source code is that they are using TCustomDADataset to perform SQL. Going to test to change code to use TUniQuery.

Thanks in advance,

Omar Zelaya

pavelpd
Devart Team

Post by pavelpd » Wed 12 Jan 2022 09:51

Please let us know if using TUniQuery improves speed in your project.