Microsoft Access provider 64 bit

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
JensFudge

Microsoft Access provider 64 bit

Post by JensFudge » Mon 20 Sep 2021 09:59

Hi,

I am helping a customer with some 64 bit development.
In this process I am in need of connecting to a Microsoft Access *.mdb file but also *.accdb file.

The application I am building is a 64 bit application.

As I know that OleDB doesnt out of the box work on 64 bit applications, I was wondering to go for your UniDAC components, as they already have that purchased.
Do they support contacting Access files from a 64 bit application?

Thanks
Jens Fudge

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Microsoft Access provider 64 bit

Post by MaximG » Mon 20 Sep 2021 16:40

UniDAC works with Microsoft Access files using AccessUniProvider, which relies on the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) (or 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)' for older versions of Microsoft Access) ODBC driver.
Thus, you don't have to install Microsoft Access on the client machine. If your application is 64-bit, you need to use the 64-bit version of the driver (accessdatabaseengine_x64.exe) which can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=54920.
Note that Microsoft doesn't allow installing both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in the system; install the driver that matches the bitness of your application.