Project Still Compiling with UniDAC Free Trial Version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
G3niusBoy

Project Still Compiling with UniDAC Free Trial Version

Post by G3niusBoy » Wed 21 Jul 2021 16:39

I have this project in C++ Builder 10.4 that is using UniDAC 8.4.3 components. When I tried running it on a server as a scheduled task, the program often gets stuck - I found that when I run it manually, the UniDAC free trial warning pops up and stops program execution. I purchased the full version last month. The full version was installed in the same directory that the free trial version was in, so I assume it replaced/added on to the existing files. So I just re-built this project thinking that was all it took to make it switch to the full version but this is not the case. How can I ensure my project uses the full version of UniDAC?

Edit: I have also tried updating UniDAC to version 8.4.4 since UniDAC support told me this issue was fixed in the update. After updating and re-building my project, I still get the same issue.

evgeniym
Devart Team

Re: Project Still Compiling with UniDAC Free Trial Version

Post by evgeniym » Fri 23 Jul 2021 09:23

Hi Josh,
Thanks for your request.
Please note that before installing licensed version you need to remove trial version manually.
The message regarding usage of Trial version means that bpl is being used from trial version.
Kindly note that in order to check which version is installed please execute C++ Builder 10.4, go to UniDAC->About UniDAC.. Tab and check which information in available in the window.
Despite the version name installed please try reinstalling UniDAC one more time. In order to remove installed components please use one of the methods described in the article below:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 05080eaf98
Once this is dones please install them once again.
If the problem still persists kindly clarify if you are running the program on the same PC where C++ Builder is installed or on the different one?