Phantom values since 8.4.x

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ael

Phantom values since 8.4.x

Post by ael » Tue 20 Jul 2021 14:29

Hello,

Since upgrading to UniDAC 8.4 (tried with 8.4.1, 8.4.3 and 8.4.4) I get errors mentioning "phantom" values that aren't referenced anywhere. Everything works if I downgrade to 8.3. I've had these issues with Firebird 3 and PostgreSQL.

I haven't been able to create a small testcase for this issue unfortunately. Any idea what might be causing this?

Code is a simple parametric insert:

Code: Select all

QUERY_DTA = 'INSERT INTO p_dta (bha_id, bha_grdid, bha_nom, bha_estsys, bha_uuid) VALUES (:Id, :GrdId, :Nom, :EstSys, :UUID);';
It's used in code as (function is a simple wrapper around TUniSQL that will replace values and macros):

Code: Select all

myDB.DBQueryNoResult(QUERY_DTA, [myDB.GetNewId('p_dta'), 42, 'Torque/Weight', 'TRUE', '{4595fc52-6ade-4b8e-939d-bb99589da9d6}'], []);
dbMonitor reports the correct values:

When inserting manually through FlameRobin it works:

But Delphi 10.4.2 returns this error:

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Phantom values since 8.4.x

Post by ViktorV » Wed 21 Jul 2021 12:35

Hi there!

Thank you for your inquiry!

Please note that we were unable to reproduce the issue in our environment based on the information you provided.
In order to investigate and resolve the issue in a timely manner, we need a complete sample stably reproducing the issue in our environment.
Could you please try to create a sample demonstrating the behavior you specified including scripts to create and populate database data and send them to us using contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html ?
Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,
Viktor