migration SDAC to UNIDAC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jangbu

migration SDAC to UNIDAC

Post by jangbu » Wed 16 Jun 2021 09:04

Hi,
I'm using Delphi SDAC component to connect to MS-SQL. Because soon need to connect to MySQL too I bought UNIDAC components for Delphi.
I'm just tried to install UNIDAC additional to my already installed SDAC Delphi system but it is not alowed. I just need to deinstall SDAC at first.
Here my question: When deinstall SDAC and install UNIDAC all my exisitend projects will run into an error and i need to exchange manually in all my sources the Connection, Table and Query components or is there a automatically funtion to do that?

jangbu

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: migration SDAC to UNIDAC

Post by Stellar » Tue 29 Jun 2021 13:58

Please be informed that you can install the SDAC and MyDAC components on one IDE if the versions of the components are core compatible. The last version of SDAC 9.4.3 is compatible with the last versions of other products UniDAC 8.4.3, MyDAC 9.4.10, ODAC 11.4.3, etc.

Kindly note that for migration you my install old version of UniDAC which is compatible with installed version of SADC.

Unfortunately, we do not have migration tool from SDAC to UniDAC. To do this you may try replacing SDAC components with UniDAC using text redactor.