DB Monitor out of sync on 64 bit Applications

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
JensFudge

DB Monitor out of sync on 64 bit Applications

Post by JensFudge » Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:16

Hi,

This is strictly not UniDAC, more DB Monitor. I couldnt find a better place to put this question.
I am using UniDAC on Delphi 10.2 Tokyo, and I am using DB Montor 3.0.4
The target database is SQL Server

When I run the application as a 32 bit build both the application and DBMonitor do as expected.
When I run my applications as a 64 bit build however, the DBMonitor is out of sync.

I set breakpoints in the application and when I step over a unidacquery.open I most of the times see a wrong SQL in the DBMonitor, most likely a SQL that has bee run earlier.
Sometimes DBMonitor displays no SQL on a .open, as if nothing was fired.
I can see that the application works fine, so the UniDac components are firing the correct SQL, and receiving the correct data, but as mentioned the DBMonitor application is completely out of sync.

Switching the the 32 bit version of my application, and DBMonitor works fine

Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Jens Fudge

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: DB Monitor out of sync on 64 bit Applications

Post by Stellar » Sat 23 Oct 2021 09:30

Hi Jens!

Thank you for contacting Devart and for the info provided!

We were unable to reproduce the issue with DBMonitor when using 64-bit applications.
The transfer of information between the application and DBMonitor is carried out over the TCP / IP protocol, probably the transmission of packets is blocked by some antivirus software or firewall.

Let us know if you have other questions.