Unexistent ambiguous field detected in a query.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Tue 27 Apr 2021 10:23

I'm migrating from FireDAC to UniDAC.
The next query runs well on FireDAC but UniDAC detects an ambiguous field name between tables BUDGETS_SLS and BDG_SLS_STATES on-field ID_BDG_SLS.

As you can see the query is unambiguous through the use of ALIAS.

I've sent a support request, but while the Devart team solves it I need a workaround.

Can anyone help me I can't imagine this query without LEFT JOINs.

Thank you.

Code: Select all

SELECT BDG.ID_BDG_SLS  ,
            BDG.CD_SERIES   ,
            BDG.NM_BDG_SLS  ,
            STS.DTT_CHANGE  ,
            STS.CD_DOC_STATE,
            DST.DS_DOC_STATE, 
            STS.CD_USER         
FROM [b]BDG_SLS_STATES   STS[/b]
LEFT JOIN BUDGETS_SLS BDG ON STS.ID_BDG_SLS   = BDG.ID_BDG_SLS
LEFT JOIN [b]DOC_STATES  DST[/b] ON DST.CD_DOC_STATE = STS.CD_DOC_STATE
WHERE BDG.ID_BDG_SLS = :ID_BDG_SLS
ORDER BY BDG.CD_SERIES, BDG.NM_BDG_SLS, STS.DTT_CHANGE

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Unexistent ambiguous field detected in a query.

Post by Stellar » Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:59

Thank you for the information.
We've replied to your ticket in Support, please check your inbox.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 29 Apr 2021 16:27

Other problem not solved.
Nor here nor in the support issue.

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 01 Jun 2021 08:00

Hey Cilleruelo,

Can you please clarify which exact issue was not resolved? If you refer to different topic on forum- please share the link to this post.

Best regards,
Sergey

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Tue 01 Jun 2021 14:16

This is the problem not solved:

I'm migrating from FireDAC to UniDAC.
The next query runs well on FireDAC but UniDAC detects an ambiguous field name between tables BUDGETS_SLS and BDG_SLS_STATES on-field ID_BDG_SLS.

As you can see the query is unambiguous through the use of ALIAS.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 01 Jun 2021 15:50

Hi Juan,

Please note that we have sent a reply to your request submitted to us by email on April 29th however did not get any response so far.
In case you did not receive our reply, please let us know if you are using the latest version of UniDAC 8.4.3 because we missed to reproduce the issue using this version on our side.
As you can see from the screenshot, we were able to open your request without any errors:
If your version is the latest one, our team needs full sample which demonstrates described behavior including database Firebird file along with the version of IDE you use.
With this information we will be able to deeper investigate the issue and provide you with further instructions.

Best regards,
Viktor

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Wed 02 Jun 2021 09:46

Don't be a liar!

I've sent you a response with the sample project.
And your response was that you can't reproduce the problem.

My version is the last of course.

Your team said: " please compose and send us a full example which demonstrates described behaviour with test file DB Firebird "

What do you think? That I'm part of your staff?

If you have a problem I describe it to you!. I can make some effort to you understand the problem, but I don't go to work for you.

I think that your intention, as a community manager. Is to bury deeply these negative messages with kindly messages emitted by you, but the reality is that the problem is there and is not solved. And you and your team have not the will to solve it.

Your team only have the will to be kind and go one step ahead, dodging the problems, instead of trying to solve them.

This is not the first problem that I have with UniDAC components and all the times the reaction of your staff is the same.

Shirk the problem.

Next time, make a real effort to solve the problem and the net are not going to be plenty of this type of messages.

Bye!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 02 Jun 2021 12:30

Hi Juan,

I see your points however give me a chance to clarify this situation.
Please be informed that you have sent us not the full sample but only small part of the code for database object creation.
Kindly note that when we tried executing this part of the code, we consistently were getting errors because it did not have all the information included. After some code modifications, we were able to create database objects.
However, still it was not full sample because in order to make it work, we had to perform additional modifications related to this part of the code.
After that, we informed you that in the latest version on UniDAC we did not have any problems with opening SQL mentioned by you.
Accordingly, since we could not replicate described problem using provided code, we requested a full sample which consistently reproduces the issue on your environment so we could make complete test.
Kindly note that since the problem cannot be reproduced, it’s not technically possible to make a complete test without sample by running which all required objects will be created and the query will be executed with the error.
Please send it our way and we will be able to provide you with a solution.

Best regards,
Viktor

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 03 Jun 2021 11:38

I want to clarify only one point:

Between my message of "Other problem not solved." (Thu 29 Apr 2021 18:27) and your intention of bury, the problem (Tue 01 Jun 2021 10:00) are 33 days. More than one month!!!!

And your intention is trying to make me guilty of the problem?

This is not a good policy, don't think?

Too late!!!!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 03 Jun 2021 18:13

Hi Juan,

Sorry if our reply made such impression.

However, I want to assure you, that our only intention is to assist all our clients and this particular case gave us better understanding of what need to be changed on our side.

Please note that we do not want to blame anyone except ourselves and only want to resolve your issue. In our reply we wanted to give you the status of the case from our standpoint and please accept my apologies if, from any reason, you it too personal.
As for huge delay on this request, kindly note that our last reply, which we sent you, is dated April 29 Apr 02:54 PM (2 days after your last request you sent us on April 27 Apr 07:36 PM). Can you kindly let me know if you received email reply to your request?
If not, I can easily forward it to you so we could continue the work on your issue and provide you with a resolution of the issue.

Please give us a chance to resolve this issue for you and prove that clients are always a priority for us.

Kind regards,
Viktor