after install 8.4.3 I get a MongoProvider error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
kneighbour

after install 8.4.3 I get a MongoProvider error

Post by kneighbour » Mon 19 Apr 2021 01:34

I have used UniDac for years and have updated (perhaps) dozens of times. This time I updated to 8.4.3 and now I am getting an error when I load Delphi 10.3.2.

The install goes ok - I install both 32 and 64 bit options, no CRGRID and most providers - but NOT Mongo. I also include all cloud providers. The install goes ok, no errors or anything. When I load Delphi though, I get this error

"The procedure entry point @Dasqlgenerator@TDASQLGenerator@GenerateDeleteSQL$qqrp22Craccess@TDAParamsInforx26Craccess@TKeyAndDataFieldsxoxo could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mongoprovider260.bpl"

The mongo provider was not installed, and that BPL file does not exist in the system32 directory.

I also have IBDAC installed, if that has any bearing. That all seems to be ok.

Delphi loads ok when I skip over this error and everything still seems to work ok. It looks like one of the other UniDac files is still trying to load the mongo provider for some reason.

Any suggestions?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: after install 8.4.3 I get a MongoProvider error

Post by ViktorV » Thu 22 Apr 2021 15:13

It seems that there are some old units of our products on your computer.
To solve the problem perform the following steps:
- uninstall UniDAC;
- find all *dac*.bpl, mongoprovider*.bpl and crcontrols*.bpl files on your PC and delete them;
- find all DAC units, like CRParser.dcu, CLRClasses.dcu, MemData.dcu, MemDS.dcu, DBAccess.dcu, OLEDBAccess.dcu files on your PC and delete them;
- run UniDAC install with option "force" (unidac*.exe /force).
Also note, if you have components using UniDAC, when updating UniDAC, you should recompile them and reinstall.