Firebird database files does not exist

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
kneighbour

Firebird database files does not exist

Post by kneighbour » Wed 17 Mar 2021 00:30

I use Delphi XE7 and UniDac 8.4.1 and Firebird 3 (x64) and the Firebird server is in the same machine.

I have a small problem when the database file does not exist. I get the wrong error message.

OpenDB Exception! EMyDBError: DB Error Database 'Scheduler' : Error loading plugin Engine12
Module C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0\plugins/Engine12 exists but can not be loaded
unknown Win32 error 193

In the UniDac connection I have specified the correct client DLL. The connection works fine if the database file exists. I really would like to get a more meaningful message - eg "The database file x does not exist".

The error seems to indicate that Firebird is trying to load the wrong client DLL - eg trying to load a 64 bit DLL instead of the correct 32 bit one. No idea why it is doing that as in UniDac I have specified the correct 32 bit one.

I am not sure if this message is detemined by Firebird or UniDac. I am thinking that the error is from Firebird, but was wondering what your thoughts are.

oleg0k
Devart Team

Re: Firebird database files does not exist

Post by oleg0k » Mon 05 Apr 2021 15:35

Hello,
We've released a new version (8.4.2) of the UniDAC. Please try to install the new version and let us know if this helps.

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team