UniDAC Component for FastReport FMX 64 bits.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Cilleruelo

UniDAC Component for FastReport FMX 64 bits.

Post by Cilleruelo » Wed 10 Mar 2021 18:05

I need to integrate UniDAC into FastReport FMX, for applications of 64 bits.

I can't find these components. I found in the UniDAC demos folder the components for FastReports VCL versión FR4 and FR5, but nothing about FastReports FMX.

After 2 working days of work, I got a version that runs for 32 applications, seems that having the version for 64 bits is more complex.

I've created a support request with this problem but I haven't a response.

The difficulty becomes with the resources inside BPL file.

Is necessary to compile all the parts for 32 bits. to install the components into the IDE, because it's 32 bits in the day.

This is accomplished well. No problem.

If I try to use the components in an application FMX of 64 bits, I get the next compilation error:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] Main.pas(9): F2048 Bad unit format: '..\..\FrameworkBIN\FRUniDACFMX\Win32\frxUniDACComponents.dcu' - Expected version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

After I change the parts that are not for installation to 64 bits and I compile them. Automatically the component is loaded again in the IDE and I get the next error:

Can't load Package C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21\Bpl\dclfsUniDAC27.bpl
%1 is not a valid 32 bits application.

And the same message for dclfrxUniDAC27.bpl

I can ignore these messages, but when I compile my Demo application FMX 64 bits I get the message:
[dcc64 Fatal Error] Main.pas(9): F2048 Bad unit format: '..\..\FrameworkBIN\FRUniDACFMX\Win32\frxUniDACComponents.dcu' - Expected version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

Of course, I can't finish the compilation.

Does anyone have sufficient experience with components that are installed on IDE in 32 bits and used in developments of 64 bits?

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: UniDAC Component for FastReport FMX 64 bits.

Post by ViktorV » Thu 11 Mar 2021 11:17

UniDAC is currently compatible with FastReport VCL and FMX version. At the moment, UniDAC contains the components that extend the possibilities of working with FastReport only for FastReport VCL.
The dclfrxUniDACXX.dpk and the dclfsUniDACXX.dpk packages should be compiled only for Win32, since the IDE is a 32-bit application.
To be able to use the components on a 64-bit platform, it is enough to install dclfrxUniDACXX.dpk and dclfsUniDACXX.dpk packages and specify the path to the directories %UniDACDemos%\ThirdParty\FastReport\FRX to the "Library path" for 64-bit platform via the Tools-Options -Language-Delphi-Library menu. %UniDACDemos% is the UniDAC Demo projects installation path on your computer.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 11 Mar 2021 13:04

My version of FastReport FMX is 2.8
And my applications are FMX 64 bits.

Which version of the dclfrxUniDACXX.dpk must I pick? FR4 or FR5?
Both are for VCL. And in my reports of FMX applications, the components don't appear to be inserted into the form.

Can you please, try first what you are saying?

I think you a are confuse.

The components that you are saying are for VCL. Only VCL Reports.

I've made the translation to FMX. But I have difficults to achieve the 64 bits version of this components, of course, only the ones that are runtime not design time. The last ones are always 32 bits, because the IDE of Delphi is 32 bits.

If you are sure of what are you saying, can you send me a Step by Step guide to achieve getting UniConnection, UniQuery and UniTable in a report of a 64 bits FMX application, in the page Data of the form, at runtime?

Thanks in advance!

(I've got it in the same situation but only in 32 bits)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 11 Mar 2021 15:22

As we wrote above, currently UniDAC contains the components that extend the possibilities of working with FastReport only for FastReport VCL. We'll investigate the possibility of extending the components' functionality to support FastReport FMX in the future.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 11 Mar 2021 15:50

ViktorV wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021 11:17 Viktor
First: I can't compile this components as they come, because All the libraries of FastReports for FMX, becomes with a prefix FMX in all the files.

I can't compile frxDAC27 because he make use of the FastReport Library frx27.dcp, but in the version of FastReport FMX is called FMXfrx27.dcp

Conclusión: Devart UniDAC is not ready to be used with FastReport FMX 2.8.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 11 Mar 2021 16:23

ViktorV wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021 11:17 Viktor
After made the convenient changes in frxDAC27.dproj and frxUniDAC27.dproj projects, mainly consistent in change the name of the Bpls of FastReports FMX 2.8 used and some units of the own Delphi, that now have as prefix the namespace FMX., I can compile and install these BPLs.

And of course I can install the components in the IDE Palette. (with a little problem with the resource that represent the UniConnection inside the Data page of any report designed at Runtime) I've tried an I can create Runtime reports with FastReport FMX 2.8 in an applicaiton FMX 32 bits. All is right!

But I now change the Demo application, that I want recall that is an FMX application running FastReport FMX 2.8 reports. I change it to 64 bits.

When I compile it I get, exactly the next compilation error:

[dcc64 Fatal Error] Main.pas(11): F2048 Bad unit format: '..\..\FrameworkBIN\FRUniDACFMX\Win32\frxUniDACComponents.dcu' - Expected version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

Now I change these frxDAC27.dproj and frxUniDAC27.dproj project to 64 bits. (As you say and I know)

When I compile the first project, frxDAC27, I got the next error in a window of the IDE:

"Can't load package
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bpl\dclfrxUniDAC27.bpl
%1 is not a valid Win32 application"

As you can see again, UniDAC is not ready to be used in FMX Applications of 64 bits, with FastReport FMX 2.8

(be attent: FastReport for FMX applications must be FastReport FMX. Not VCL version. FMX version don't is part of Delphi)

Now. Do you think that any one of your team can help me?

Thanks in advance.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 12 Mar 2021 09:46

As we wrote earlier, currently UniDAC contains the components that extend the possibilities of working with FastReport only for FastReport VCL, and we advised specifically on using this package. We'll add a package extending the functionality of components to let you work with FastReport FMX in one of the next releases.

Note that you can use UniDAC with FastReport even without compiling the frxDAC27 package, which simply extends the functionality.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Fri 12 Mar 2021 14:15

ViktorV wrote: Fri 12 Mar 2021 09:46 ... We'll add a package extending the functionality of components to let you work with FastReport FMX in one of the next releases.
Eureka! I got it!

If anyone needs UniDAC working with FastReport FMX 2.8 and need it NOW, Ask me!

32 bit and 64 bits applications. (64 bits is essential for Mac OS X development)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 16 Mar 2021 05:41

Thank you for interest to our product and your contribution in our product development.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Tue 16 Mar 2021 09:15

ViktorV wrote: Tue 16 Mar 2021 05:41 Thank you for interest to our product and your contribution in our product development.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.
This is a misrepresented response because you don't was solved anything for me.

You say this and the reader can think you made your work well, but the truth is that you don't was do anything.

I've solved my own problem for me.

Don't lie, please!

If you or your team think that to be politically correct is a good strategy, forget it.

If you don't solve anything, left the thread as is.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 16 Mar 2021 15:00

We'll add Demo projects for FastReport FMX in the future. They're on our roadmap, but currently we're working on tasks with a higher priority. We'll let you know when we add the demo projects for FastReport FMX.

davidjohn34

Post by davidjohn34 » Tue 12 Jul 2022 04:12

I did the translation to FMX. But of course, I'm having trouble getting to 64 bit versions of these components, only the ones that are run time and not design time. The last ones are always 32 bit, because Delphi's IDE is 32 bit. weaver wordle phrazle

kalyl

Post by kalyl » Thu 21 Jul 2022 09:26

Cilleruelo wrote: Wed 10 Mar 2021 18:05 I need to integrate UniDAC into FastReport FMX, for applications of 64 bits.

I can't find these components. I found in the UniDAC demos folder the components for FastReports VCL versión FR4 and FR5, but nothing about FastReports FMX.

After 2 working days of work, I got a version that runs for 32 applications, seems that having the version for 64 bits is more complex.

Is necessary to compile all the parts for 32 bits. to install the components into the IDE, because it's 32 bits in the day.

If I try to use the components in an application FMX of 64 bits, I get the next compilation error:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] Main.pas(9): F2048 Bad unit format: '..\..\FrameworkBIN\FRUniDACFMX\Win32\frxUniDACComponents.dcu' - Expected version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

After I change the parts that are not for installation to 64 bits and I compile them. Automatically the component is loaded again in the IDE and I get the next error:

Can't load Package C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21\Bpl\dclfsUniDAC27.bpl

I can ignore these messages, but when I compile my Demo application FMX 64 bits I get the message:
[dcc64 Fatal Error] Main.pas(9): F2048 Bad unit format: '..\..\FrameworkBIN\FRUniDACFMX\Win32\frxUniDACComponents.dcu' - Expected version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 34.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

Does anyone have sufficient experience with components that are installed on IDE in 32 bits and used in developments of 64 bits?

Thanks in advance. helix jump
UniDAC is a component of FastReport FMX, which provides access to data in all forms, including text, numbers, dates and times, and images. UniDAC also provides basic validation functions, allowing users to check for correct data formatting before saving it. When using UniDAC with FastReport FMX, the user can view and edit any type of data that can be saved in the database file without having to know how to code or write SQL queries.

Humphrey112

Post by Humphrey112 » Tue 26 Jul 2022 07:23

davidjohn34 wrote: Tue 12 Jul 2022 04:12slope game
I did the translation to FMX. But of course, I'm having trouble getting to 64 bit versions of these components, only the ones that are run time and not design time. The last ones are always 32 bit, because Delphi's IDE is 32 bit. weaver wordle phrazle
I must thank you for this excellent read!! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Cilleruelo

Post by Cilleruelo » Thu 28 Jul 2022 16:15

kalyl wrote: Thu 21 Jul 2022 09:26
Cilleruelo wrote: Wed 10 Mar 2021 18:05 I need to integrate UniDAC into FastReport FMX, for applications of 64 bits.

Thanks in advance. helix jump
UniDAC is a component of FastReport FMX, which provides access to data in all forms, including text, numbers, dates and times, and images. UniDAC also provides basic validation functions, allowing users to check for correct data formatting before saving it. When using UniDAC with FastReport FMX, the user can view and edit any type of data that can be saved in the database file without having to know how to code or write SQL queries.
What kind of stupid and unuseful response is this?
This response doesn't apport anything to the conversation.