[ODBC Microsoft Access] The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
KITS

[ODBC Microsoft Access] The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Post by KITS » Tue 29 Sep 2020 04:26

Hello Devart, we have many problems when accessing MS-Access Databases with the exception "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" in the last weeks. I found the following solution of Microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office ... c-or-oledb

But installing the Microsoft Access Database Engine will not work in every enviroment. Sometimes a new install of Microsoft Office will work, but the next update will destroy the functionallity again.

Is there any solution to ensure stable access again?

Kind regards
Andreas

ertank

Re: [ODBC Microsoft Access] The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Post by ertank » Thu 01 Oct 2020 12:47

Hello,

I just hit same problem, yesterday. "Online Repair" of Microsoft Office solved the problem. I needed to re-enter license information for Microsoft Office after repair finished.

I do not think that is UniDAC specific. Are you able to open and use databases using Access on these machines you have the error?

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: [ODBC Microsoft Access] The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Post by MaximG » Thu 01 Oct 2020 13:50

Our components cannot affect the operation of Microsoft Access Driver; you may contact the vendor of that driver for support.