MariaDb error for quote in editor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Stefano Monterisi

MariaDb error for quote in editor

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Tue 30 Jun 2020 14:46

Hi,
I have a UniConnection, a MySql driver, TuniQuery , a MariaDb database and a grid. Simple scenario.
When I change a string value in the Dbgrid column with a "Test ' 12" (a single quote inside the text) I have a sintax error in Sql on Post record.
The same error using dbForge Studio for MySQL.
Why this error on thi simple case? Why UniDac don't manage correctly the escape?
(The same database and Grid with a FIredac connection works )
Please send me a solution,
Thanks in advance

Stefano Monterisi

Re: MariaDb error for quote in editor

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Thu 02 Jul 2020 09:08

Hi,
no solution?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 02 Jul 2020 14:04

Thank you for the information. The issue and investigation is in progress. We will inform you when we have any results.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 06 Jul 2020 08:16

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce the issue using your description of it, and neither have received reports on such issue from our users yet. The issue may have been caused by something other than MyDAC code. The only way to investigate the issue is to look into your code where the issue can be reliably reproduced. Please create and send us such code example. After looking into your code example, we'll fix the issue if it's caused by our MyDAC code.
Please create a sample project demonstrating the incorrect behavior and send it to us through the contact form (https://devart.com/company/contactform.html), along with the script for creating database objects. Please also specify the exact version of your MariaDB server.