FtString is now Widestring

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
kaffeburk

FtString is now Widestring

Post by kaffeburk » Mon 11 May 2020 10:27

Hello,

Running some old code, and i see thats the latest Unidac uniquery translates my MYSQL Varchar to FtWidestring and in older versions it was FtString. I just change the fieldtypes to FtWidestring in the receiving tClientdataset and it will work (i assume).

My question is why use widestring? Is there some reason behind the change?

kaffeburk

Re: FtString is now Widestring

Post by kaffeburk » Mon 11 May 2020 11:46

Anyways, i found by some research that by adding PgDataTypeMapUni to the uses i could add:

UniCon.DataTypeMap.AddDBTypeRule(222,ftString);

But there is no pgvarchar. I had to enter varchar in the "Data Type Mapping" in design and then check the DFM file to get the 222. Is that the correct procedure?

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Mon 11 May 2020 23:36

Update. Its not widestring. Its some error with GetEnumName(Typeinfo(TFieldType)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 12 May 2020 10:13

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce the issue.
In order for us to be able to give you a detailed answer, we need to have a sample demonstrating the specified behavior. Therefore, please compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html including the scripts for creating database objects. Please also indicate the full and accurate versions of MySQL and UniDAC that your example previously worked on.