[BLOCKING!] Wrong data gets updated when posting TUniQuery resulting in data-loss [UNHANDLED SUPPORT TICKET!]

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
roylieben

[BLOCKING!] Wrong data gets updated when posting TUniQuery resulting in data-loss [UNHANDLED SUPPORT TICKET!]

Post by roylieben » Mon 17 Feb 2020 10:40

Hi UniDAC team,

On the 26th of december 2019 i've registered an blocking issue using the support form on your website, and recieved an email confirming that my request was recieved.

In my request i've send you a test project that explains and demonstrates the problem (see attached file):
The UniQuery object uses the wrong column-reference in the params when generating the "UPDATE" statement. This results in data-loss because the data in the main-object (FROM part of the query) gets overwritten by the data of one the joined tables.

On the 21th of Januari I still haven't heard from you, so i've send you an email (see mail thread), and got a disappointing response. As of today the still hasn't been any communication about this issue. I don't know:
- If it's being worked on.
- If it will be resolved.
- When the fix will be released.

As i've explained in my mail earlier, this issue is blocking and results in data-loss. Because I'm certain it doesn't only effect me I'm posting this on the forum to inform all UniDac users about this. Hoping you're going to fix this issue shortly.

Example project
===================
http://roylieben.nl/UniDAC%20Query%20Params%20issue.zip

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: 303282
Assigned to: Maxim
Department: Dac Team
Priority: Medium

Mail thread
===================
Hello,

Thank you for the information. We will investigate the described issue and let you know the results shortly.

Best regards,
Maxim
===================
Hi Maxim,

As of the 26th of December there has been no communication concerning the request we've send you.
Furthermore I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the way the request is handled:
1. The only response I've received from your end is that you're investigating the issue.
2. Lack of an interface for managing the request (unprofessional)
2.1 It’s not possible to monitor the status of the request.
2.2 It's not possible to add additional information.
2.3 Keeping a log/chat of communication for both parties.

Due to this described issue we're unable to release new versions of our software. We're also unable to implement a work-around, or quick-fix, solving the problem in our software because this has a huge impact in the architecture of our applications. So we're forced to wait for a solution in the UniDAC package.

Hope to hear from you soon.

PS: for more information about the issue or questions relating the request you can also contact me using the provided information below.
===================
Hello,

We continue to investigate the issue, hopefully, we'll get the result soon. We'll update on the progress in the nearest future.

Best regards,
Maxim

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: [BLOCKING!] Wrong data gets updated when posting TUniQuery resulting in data-loss [UNHANDLED SUPPORT TICKET!]

Post by MaximG » Mon 17 Feb 2020 12:59

We've reproduced the issue and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next build of our product. As a workaround, we can send you a night UniDAC build including the required changes. For this provide us with your license number and IDE version you are interested in For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

roylieben

Re: [BLOCKING!] Wrong data gets updated when posting TUniQuery resulting in data-loss [UNHANDLED SUPPORT TICKET!]

Post by roylieben » Mon 17 Feb 2020 13:10

Thanks for you're response.

I'm very disappointed in the way the request has been handled. It's very sad that I had to submit a form post to get some reaction about the status of this ticket. Furthermore I still don't have a clear answer on the question when the issue will be fixed. When is this build and release of UniDAC scheduled so i can integrate this in our release roadmap?

roylieben

Post by roylieben » Tue 25 Feb 2020 09:03

Hi Maxim,

Could you please answer my question?
When is the release, in which the bug is resolved, sheduled?

Greets,
Roy

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 27 Feb 2020 14:27

We're planning to release a new build of UniDAC at the beginning of Match.

JamesInform

Post by JamesInform » Tue 10 Mar 2020 10:58

Hi Roylieben

just for your information. I have just downloaded and tested your example project.

On my site I cannot reproduce the issue you described.

I am using PostgreSQL 12.2 on Linux, Delphi 10.2.3 Tokyo and UniDac 8.0.1.

So it seems that the issue must have been introduced with UniDac 8.1.2.

James

roylieben

Post by roylieben » Wed 11 Mar 2020 13:24

Hi James,

Thanks for testing and providing me with the additional info that the problem is not present in version 8.0.1.
As of today Devart has release a new version of the UniDAC components (8.1.3). Let's hope the problem is fixed.

If not we can always fallback to version 8.0.1. Thnx!

Greets,
Roy

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 12 Mar 2020 15:33

Please clarify whether that issue occurs in the latest version 8.1.3 of UniDAC.

roylieben

Post by roylieben » Mon 23 Mar 2020 13:46

Due to the outbreak of the corona virus we're unable to test and verify the bugfix on short term.
Therefore I want to suggest to close this ticket for now. When we run into the same issue again, or verify that the bug is nog fixed we will open this ticket again, or register a new one.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 30 Apr 2020 05:46

We will be waiting for news from you and we will support you if there are any issues concerning our product work

roylieben

Post by roylieben » Fri 01 May 2020 12:57

Hi Maxim,

We have tested extensively, and have not ran into this issue. So i think it's safe to say the problem has been solved.
For test results see: http://roylieben.nl/UniDAC%20Query%20Pa ... esults.txt

Best regards,
Roy

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Mon 18 May 2020 12:03

We are glad to see the problem resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning our product usage.