Delphi 7 Oracle 12C Direct access

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
belsis

Delphi 7 Oracle 12C Direct access

Post by belsis » Thu 13 Feb 2020 15:31

Hello,

I have a very basic application in Delphi 7. On a form, I have TUniConnection and with a button i run a statement with ExecSQL. (Connection runs in Direct Mode) The statement is a simple select statement like 'SELECT * FROM XX' where table XX doesn't exist in the database. (I encounter the same error if I use a query or table, too.)

When the SQL is being run, an exception is thrown stating: "Project1.exe raised exception class O0CQC0COQ0 with message ". (Naturally no exception when querying an existing table.)

This first exception is not catchable with a try-catch statement. just after that the expected exception occurs with the message: "Project raised exception class EOraError with message 'ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.'

I am a bit hopeless in catching or omitting the first exception. It looks a wild one. I am not %100 sure from which layer this exception is thrown. But if you have and idea, I would really appreciate it.

(Same exception is thrown in Delphi XE7, too, but it is catchable and could made silent.)

Aslı

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Delphi 7 Oracle 12C Direct access

Post by MaximG » Mon 24 Feb 2020 15:40

Please, in order to investigate the issue, compose and send us a small sample, execution of which causes the mentioned problem. In addition, we will need DDL script to create DB objects used in this sample. For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html