Connection has been gracefully closed by server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
neseir

Connection has been gracefully closed by server

Post by neseir » Sun 12 Jan 2020 12:56

Hi

I'm using UniDAC MS SQL provider in an application that requires to access the server using prDirect configuration. Using prAuto works fine but as soon I switch to prDirect i keep getting this message.

Are using server authentication and can not find any reference to other settings that could affect this.

Any help for where to troubleshot this would be great (if it is something on the server or client missing/not configured or other settings). Have disabled all firewall both on server and client and still the same messafe. Downloaded a SDAC trial and did the same test there and got exactely the same message.

Using latest release of UniDAC and SDAC in Delphi 10.3.3. Windows 10 and MS SQL Express 2017.

Regards
Eirik Nesje

neseir

Re: Connection has been gracefully closed by server

Post by neseir » Tue 14 Jan 2020 09:57

Hi

Just an update. Did some new tests using a MS SQL standard instance on a different server and it works as it should. Must be something with the express instance and/or network configuration I have missed.

Regards
Eirik Nesje

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 14 Jan 2020 11:15

Thank you for providing the information. Which version of the operating system do you use?

neseir

Post by neseir » Tue 14 Jan 2020 12:37

Hi

I'm using Windows 10 Pro for the client and Windows 2012 R2 64 for the database server (both on the server with the Express edition and the MS SQL standard). The version of the standard database is SQL Server 2016 SP2.

Regards
Eirik

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 21 Jan 2020 13:25

Thank you for the information. We have fixed the issue, and the fix will be included in the next UniDAC build.
As a workaround, we can send you a night UniDAC build including the required changes.
For this, using e-support form (https://www.devart.com the "Support"\"Request Support" menu) provide us with your license number and IDE version you are interested in.

neseir

Post by neseir » Wed 05 Feb 2020 10:10

Hi

Thanks for the information. Since the problem was related to connecting to my test instance of the database and not the production environment I could deploy this as planned.

Regards
Eirik Nesje

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Fri 07 Feb 2020 12:34

Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.