TUniConnectDialog - Making 'Provider combo' invisible

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
belsis

TUniConnectDialog - Making 'Provider combo' invisible

Post by belsis » Tue 24 Dec 2019 12:08

Hello,

My need with Connect Dialog is that I want to assign the provider beforehand (with some more user friendly texts), and don't want to be changed when I am asking for further properties like the port and password....

Thus, I don't want the "provider" to be shown in the connect dialog. I have searched but couldn't find a way to do this. Is there a way to make it invisible (Or at leasy disabled) (The same scenario sometimes applies to other input fields, too. There are times, I don't want human interaction with some of the fields, thus I'd rather make them invisible.)

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Aslı

PS: UniDac Version is 8.1.2 and IDE is Delphi 7

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: TUniConnectDialog - Making 'Provider combo' invisible

Post by Stellar » Thu 26 Dec 2019 08:35

You can find the demo project in the %UniDACDemos%\ directory. %UniDACDemos% is a path to the installed demo projects on your computer.
On the ConnectDialog tab, you can find an example of the creation of a custom DB Connection dialog.
We intentionally distribute TUniConnectDialog with source code so that the users can change it according to their needs.

belsis

Post by belsis » Wed 12 Feb 2020 10:36

I did a custom dialog. Thank you for your answer and the information.

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Wed 03 Jun 2020 14:48

Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.