DBF - Android - Codepage setting

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ertank

DBF - Android - Codepage setting

Post by ertank » Sat 19 Oct 2019 13:23

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.2, UniDAC 8.0.1, Database provider: DBF, Targetting Android platform.

I have Turkish specific characters that are received over a REST web service. In debug mode I can see all of the national specific characters are correct. After saving and reading from a DBF table, national specific characters are converted into "?" characters.

I have tried CodePage specific options all that contains "Turkish" in its name as well as "dpDefault". None of them seemingly solved my problem.

I repeated testing all codepages with "Turkish" in its name for UseUnicode = True and UseUnicode = False specific options set.

Unfortunately, I could not read back correct characters from tables.

I used TDirectory.Delete(DB.Database, True) for all my tests to ensure fresh table creation.

I only used dBaseVII as database format. Android 5.1.1 as the target platform OS.

Below is a sample table create statement that I use:

Code: Select all

create table params(paramname varchar(254), valueint integer, valuecurr numeric(20,6), valuetxt varchar(254), valuebool logical, valuedate date)
Max single data length I receive is around 20 characters.

I would like to know how can I save and read back national specific characters, please.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

P.S. Sample characters for testing: ğ ı ş Ğ İ Ş

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: DBF - Android - Codepage setting

Post by Stellar » Thu 24 Oct 2019 13:51

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the issue. To investigate this behavior of UniDAC, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us, including database objects creating scripts.
You can send the sample using the contact form at our site: devart.com/company/contactform.html