FMX-Android, OpenSSL problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ertank

FMX-Android, OpenSSL problem

Post by ertank » Wed 28 Aug 2019 10:44

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.2, UniDac 8.0.1, PostgreSQL 11 database, targeting FMX-Android platform.

My test phones are is using Andoid 8.0.0 and Android 4.4.2 versions.

I establish a connection using SSL certificates. Certificate files are included in my deployment. When run my app on Android 8.0.0 I get error:

Code: Select all

OpenSSL client library couldn't be loaded. Please place libssl.so file system folder (included to LD_LIBRARY_PATH) or to the folder with executable unit of main program.
dlopen failed: library "libssl.so" not found.
There is no such error for Android 4.4.2

My system does not have any libssl.so file in it. I wonder if there is a specific UniDAC parameter/setting that I need to do in order my application to be able to establish a secure connection to my database server running on newer Android versions.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

ertank

Re: FMX-Android, OpenSSL problem

Post by ertank » Thu 29 Aug 2019 13:27

I would like to provide an update.

There is no such problem when using Delphi 10.2.3, UniDAC 7.5.13 and everything is same.

Android 8.0.0 phone can successfully establish a connection to server over SSL and using certificates with this configuration.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 04 Sep 2019 13:06

You can use SecureBridge to develop applications for any platform without using third-party components.
SecureBridge has its own implementation of SSL that doesn't depend on any third-party library.
You can test the required functionality with SecureBridge Trial Edition, a full-featured time-limited version of SecureBridge Professional Edition.
The TCRSSLIOHandler component is located in the dcldacsbridgeXXX package. This package is included in the UniDAC demos. See the package installation instructions in the file "%UniDACDemos%\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Readme.html", where %UniDACDemos% is the UniDAC Demo projects installation path on your computer.

ertank

Post by ertank » Wed 11 Sep 2019 11:47

I confirm that TLSv1 certificate is used for connection and there is no problem using UniDAC version 7.5.13 that is on same phone and other phones.

There must be something with UniDAC 8.0.1

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 11 Sep 2019 11:55

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem in our environment based on the data you provide.
Please compose and send us via the e-support form: https://devart.com/company/contactform.html a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and the difference in behavior between UniDAC 8.0.1 and UniDAC 7.5.13, along with necessary files.