Using Http Tunnel with Postgresql

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
chkaufmann

Using Http Tunnel with Postgresql

Post by chkaufmann » Wed 01 May 2019 12:00

Hi,

I try to use the Http tunnel with Postgresql:

Code: Select all

UniConnection.Server := '127.0.0.1';
    UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['UseHttp'] := 'True';
    UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['HttpUrl'] := 'https://myserver.xy/tunnel.php';
Now I get an error about missing IOHandler. I found the unit CRSSLIOHandler.pas in the demos but this doesn't compile because of other missing units. Where can I find these units?

Christian

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Using Http Tunnel with Postgresql

Post by ViktorV » Thu 02 May 2019 06:36

The TCRSSLIOHandler component is located in the dcldacsbridgeXXX package. This package is included in the UniDAC demos. See the package installation instructions in the file "%UniDACDemos%\TechnologySpecific\SecureBridge\Readme.html", where %UniDACDemos% is the UniDAC Demo projects installation path on your computer.

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Thu 02 May 2019 07:30

Normally I download the "source only" Zip file. So this means I have to use an installer in order to get the compiled packages?

Christian

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 02 May 2019 07:56

Note you receive this message because you are using the HTTPS tunnel, not the HTTP tunnel. If you use the HTTP tunnel, you do not need to use the TCRSSLIOHandler component.