TVirtualTable - index

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ertank

TVirtualTable - index

Post by ertank » Sat 16 Feb 2019 07:55

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.1, UniDAC 7.4.12.

I have previously used TkbmMemTable and now converting some of my code to use TVirtualTable. At one point, I realize that I have used "primary index" with TkbmMemTable. I failed to find such an index myself. Is it possible to have an example of how to do such an index on TVirtualTable?

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

FCS

Re: TVirtualTable - index

Post by FCS » Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:29

Hi,

Here are my posts of VT:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32380

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37392

Probably there is no possible to use more then one index at time. If you change index definition, VT will rebuilt the index.

On votes forum there is a topic to improve VT, but ...

I tested both VT (UniDac 6.1.6) and KbmMemTable and I decided to use kbmMemTable. It is faster, allow define more indexes which are updated on the fly. You can use the FindKey method to make searching more faster.

Regards
Michal

ertank

Post by ertank » Sun 17 Feb 2019 07:32

FCS wrote: Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:29 On votes forum there is a topic to improve VT, but ...
Actually, it is by far most wanted request in the users voice and initially requested in year 2011.
https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... entdataset

There are items already included in current UniDAC version. Still there is a list of features waiting to be implemented. We are not aware if some of these features are not feasible. There is no mention from Devart in users voice for that matter. It is indicated as "under review" only. It would be nice to know what is Devart plan on remaining features.

As it is impossible to add items in original post, I have added my request as a comment, too.

Hoping to get attention for TVirtualTable enhancement.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:55

We try to make our product better and carefully research the replies of our users left on the UserVoice service. You need to create any issue or question as a separate topic in order to obtain information about the number of votes and monitor the status. Currently, we are reviewing the question about the support for working with indexes in the TVurtualQuery component as you described.