Unidac v7

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jota

Unidac v7

Post by jota » Wed 22 Aug 2018 09:57

Hi, I have two doubts.

"sqlite" providername is possible in this version?.

if so, what value should be assigned to "ConexionBDSqlite.SpecificOptions.Values ['EncryptionAlgorithm']", to connect the database through a non-devart algorithm?

Thanks for your attention

Topaazy

Re: Unidac v7

Post by Topaazy » Tue 28 Aug 2018 12:01

Extact that's why I suggest you to use the script "make a pool ". The project group was introduced with UniDAC 7.x and probably there is anywhere a setting missing and that cause that it isn't compiling. Until yet I've used always my own project groups and normally I try to solve such non working things, but the parts which won't compile are obfuscated and I don't want to spent time to repair anything that is highly unreadable if there wouldn't be a really good reason. The "make" script is working, but feel free to work without the SQL driver.
Last edited by Topaazy on Wed 29 Aug 2018 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 28 Aug 2018 13:24

SQLiteUniProvider is included in UniDAC 7.3.9 Professional Edition and Professional Edition with source code.

In order to use encryption implemented in a third-party client library (a non-devart algorithm), you should specify
encryption key value in the EncryptionKey property, and set the EncryptionAlgorithm property to leDefault, for example:

Code: Select all

UniConnection.Database := '<your SQLite DB file>';
UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['ClientLibrary'] := '<your client library with encryption support>';
UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['EncryptionAlgorithm'] := 'leDefault';
UniConnection.SpecificOptions.Values['EncryptionKey'] := '<your EncryptionKey value>';
UniConnection.Connect;

jota

Post by jota » Thu 30 Aug 2018 10:56

HI

thank you both for your help