Unidac fails to coimple on lazarus trunk.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
donaldshimoda

Unidac fails to coimple on lazarus trunk.

Post by donaldshimoda » Sat 18 Aug 2018 15:34

I just get unidac package and hit the first wall. Dont compile in lazarus?

Im testing with actual trink release of fpc and lazraus and get that errors:

Messages, Warnings: 4
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "odbcprovider10 7.3.9" contains "W:\Sistemas\LibsThirdParty\Lazarus\unidac\Source", which belongs to package "unidacvcl10"
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "unidac10 7.3.9" contains "W:\Sistemas\LibsThirdParty\Lazarus\unidac\Source", which belongs to package "unidacvcl10"
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "dac10 10.2.6" contains "W:\Sistemas\LibsThirdParty\Lazarus\unidac\Source", which belongs to package "unidacvcl10"
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "zohoprovider10 7.3.9" contains "W:\Sistemas\LibsThirdParty\Lazarus\unidac\Source", which belongs to package "unidacvcl10"
Compile package dac10 10.2.6: Exit code 1, Errors: 6, Hints: 6
CRXml.pas(773,35) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call
CLRClasses.pas(1494,29) Hint: Found declaration: Append(WideChar);
CLRClasses.pas(1465,29) Hint: Found declaration: Append(const WideString);
CRXml.pas(773,34) Error: Illegal type conversion: "Constant String" to "WideChar"
CRXml.pas(804,33) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call
CRXml.pas(804,32) Error: Illegal type conversion: "Constant String" to "WideChar"
CRXml.pas(885,24) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call
CRXml.pas(885,23) Error: Illegal type conversion: "Constant String" to "WideChar"

Can please suggest how to fix?

I need the latest release of lazarus and fpc to support a specific change.

Best regards

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Unidac fails to coimple on lazarus trunk.

Post by azyk » Thu 23 Aug 2018 10:09

We replied to your email.

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Thu 23 Aug 2018 11:58

I follow your instructions and install step by step in the order indicated on tthe readmsrc document.

The package causing the failure is liteprovider10.

Build IDE: Exit code 512, Errors: 1, Warnings: 1
lazarus.pp(161,1) Warning: Object sqlite3fpclinux64.o not found, Linking may fail !
lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Error while linking

Tell me how to fix that.

Best regards.

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Thu 23 Aug 2018 13:04

The sqlite3fpclinux64.o library is located in the folder UniDAC/Source/sqlite3/ . Please make sure that this file is located there and Lazarus has access rights to it. Also try explicitly add sqlite3fpclinux64.o to the package. For this, open liteprovider10.lpk, in ListView right-click Files, then click Add Files from File System and add sqlite3fpclinux64.o .

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Thu 23 Aug 2018 14:10

My response about installing the packages except liteprovider10 was in version stable of lazarus (18.4 and fpc 3.0.4) and was SOLVED searhcing the missing sql o file.

That is ok

The problem is now with TRUNK lazarus + FPC

trying to install the first package in the list dclunidac10.lpk

that error is raised

CRXml.pas(773,35) Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Tue 28 Aug 2018 07:09

We do not support TRUNK versions of Lazarus. These versions are unstable and their behavior can change in the future. As soon as a new stable version of Lazarus is released, we will support it.

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Wed 29 Aug 2018 18:03

Honestly i believe is not so hard to have the latest trunkc version in a VM using fpcupdeluxe and test and report if a customer asl for support. But that is me only thinking in a better level of support. Even poor is wait 5 days to get a no for response... Im a new customer of unidac and that not seem good at all. Conseider to improve the help to lazarus users. I need lazarus because delphi dont support arm and i need to release my software on arm devices. I asking for many time to your company if plan to supoort arm and get a no as response. Anyway i try your software and choice to pay for it, so i really expect you give a better support to lazarus user. Is not so large time you must involve, i think.

Best regards.

ertank

Post by ertank » Thu 30 Aug 2018 03:46

donaldshimoda wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 18:03 Honestly i believe is not so hard to have the latest trunkc version in a VM using fpcupdeluxe and test and report if a customer asl for support. But that is me only thinking in a better level of support. Even poor is wait 5 days to get a no for response... Im a new customer of unidac and that not seem good at all. Conseider to improve the help to lazarus users. I need lazarus because delphi dont support arm and i need to release my software on arm devices. I asking for many time to your company if plan to supoort arm and get a no as response. Anyway i try your software and choice to pay for it, so i really expect you give a better support to lazarus user. Is not so large time you must involve, i think.

Best regards.
Hello,

It is always helpful providing as detailed information as possible when asking for help. Target platform is one of them. I believe UniDAC is not supporting ARM platform other than Android. If you plan to build your project targeting Raspberry Pi, or WinCE for example, you highly will not be able to use UniDAC. You can easily test that by using Lazarus 18.4 and fpc 3.0.4 which you successfully installed UniDAC on.

Please let me know if I am wrong as I would like to see UniDAC supporting at least Raspberry Pi myself.

Snip from Devart website:
Supported Target Platforms by UniDAC:
Windows, 32-bit and 64-bit
macOS
iOS, 32-bit and 64-bit
Android
Linux, 32-bit and 64-bit
FreeBSD, 32-bit and 64-bit

Compatibility of UniDAC:
Support for Lazarus 1.8 and FPC 3.0.4 for Windows, macOS and Unix

More details :https://www.devart.com/unidac/features.html

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00

Seems like we are not undesrtanding.

I know you dont support trunk and know you dont support trunk version. Why you dont support arm? I have no idea. Im asking for that for years. Why you havent interest in make ot works? lazarus and fpc are the only options delphi developers have to support IoT today. Do you ever experiment on this to find the minimal changes or adjustments, i bet, needed to make unidac work lazarus + arm processors? Seems like not. I can help with this if you need it.

Second and more worried about the fact you dont care to propose solutions to very simple support to trunk releases of lazarus. As i say it just request, on a customer request, to update to the latest trunk version and see why it dont builds. 40 minutes of your time? For anspecific request of your customers? Seems like you dont care us? Thats my impression.

Im newbie here, just payed for your products, and pay to get support. I hope you care your customers or i will run away when another provider give me the option. Is like the world works.

Best regards

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Fri 31 Aug 2018 09:06

donaldshimoda wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00 Why you dont support arm?
Currently, we don't plan to support ARM platform, because there more priority tasks in UniDAC roadmap.

donaldshimoda wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00 Second and more worried about the fact you dont care to propose solutions to very simple support to trunk releases of Lazarus.
donaldshimoda wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00 For anspecific request of your customers?
The policy of our company requires UniDAC developers to support only stable and official versions of IDE and DBMS. TRUNC versions can be unstable, their behavior may change. Also TRUNC versions can forever remain TRUNC versions.

donaldshimoda wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00 As i say it just request, on a customer request, to update to the latest trunk version and see why it dont builds. 40 minutes of your time?
Our company policy does not forbid UniDAC users to change the source code. Using UniDAC with source code, you can independently support any TRUNC, release candidate, beta version and even custom build of the whole huge software list (including Lazarus) that UniDAC supports: https://www.devart.com/unidac/compatibility.html

donaldshimoda wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:00 Seems like you dont care us? Thats my impression.
Your opinion about our products is very important to us. We try to make our products useful and multifunctional, and therefore we always develop them.

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Fri 31 Aug 2018 13:05

Thanks for your responses. Seems like the rigth responses, but still dont solve any of the problems i mentioned. Seems like this is your final position, thats done.

Best regards.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 04 Sep 2018 09:23

As a rule, our sources are compiled using Lazarus trunk. However, there are cases when developers in the next trunk, make such changes that lead to the problem you are describing. In this case, we can make the required changes in the code of our product only after the next release version of Lazarus. There is an extremely simple explanation for this. We often came across a situation, when the changes made to one trunk were canceled by the developers in the next trunk, not to mention their presence in the release version. Therefore, support for each released trunk (with a full check of our products operability with it) is an extremely inefficient task. And we hope for your understanding in this matter. Therefore, having encountered a compilation problem when working with any trunk, you can either use the previous release version of Lazarus, or wait for the next version to be supported. In turn, we always try to implement such support in a very short time to meet the needs of both our new and loyal customers